Do you use an Pencil or a different stylus with your iPad Pro?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
When I bought the original 9.7-inch iPad Pro a few years ago, I also purchased the first generation Pencil. I stated on several occasions the Pencil, although accurate, was a waste of money for me because it was still a stylus. I ended up giving it to a colleague.

Fast forward to 2020. I use my new 12.9-inch iPad Pro a lot, but I still don’t have a desire for the Pencil. I do, however, use a stylus - the Adonit Jot Pro and the MEKO universal stylus (my new favorite).

Do you use an Pencil or a different stylus with your iPad Pro?

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Depends on what I'm doing.

If I'm doing any photo editing, I use the Pencil. It's just more precise.

Things like message boards, just a plain 'ol stylus.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Is there anything a stylus can do that the pencil can’t?

Yes. The typical stylus can work on almost any touch-based screen whereas the Pencil is specific to the iPad/iPad Pro, depending on the the Pencil generation.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Yes. The typical stylus can work on almost any touch-based screen whereas the Pencil is specific to the iPad/iPad Pro, depending on the the Pencil generation.

Makes sense, I meant, on the iPad, does a stylus work in any instances that the Pencil might not...or is the Pencil just a more accurate stylus?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Makes sense, I meant, on the iPad, does a stylus work in any instances that the Pencil might not...or is the Pencil just a more accurate stylus?

I’ve only used the first generation Pencil. With that being said, it was very accurate, especially in drawing, painting and name signing. For typical web browser and selecting of links and items, the typical stylus is just fine, in my opinion.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I use the pencil. My fingers when I don’t feel like using the pencil. The second gen offers a few more bells and whistles than the first gen. Primarily for screenshots and markups and stuff. Comes in handy. Maybe not $129 handy but eh.

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I have a Logitech Crayon, works good enough for what I’m doing. Taking notes and doodling with my nieces. I got it for $40 at best buy, wanted to use this before I plunked down $200 for a pencil

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73