2020 11” iPad Pro 256 GB Space Gray WiFi and Cellular or 2020 13” MacBook Pro Space Gray?

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone. In August I will be replacing my early 2015 13” MacBook Pro 128 GB Silver with either the 2020 11” iPad Pro 256 GB Space Gray WiFi and Cellular or the 2020 13” Space GrayMacBook Pro (I don’t know yet what storage capacity and memory capacity).

If I get the iPad I will most likely start out by using it alongside my 2015 MBP until the MBP is no longer fully usable. I would get accessories for the iPad that would make it as much of a laptop replacement for me as possible ( Smart Keyboard Folio, multiple adapters for charging and connecting). There is a chance that I would immediately use the iPad as my main computer but I’m not sure.

If I get the MacBook Pro then it would directly replace my current one. I would get a dock/hub for multiple charging for USB-A accessories that I have.

My question is which one would be a better fit for me. I use my MacBook Pro now plugged into speakers and I rarely need to print from it to a legacy printer with a USB-A connection. All of my files are in iCloud as well as physically being on the laptop. I do not write documents as much as I did a few years ago as I was in school then but I will need to write a few. I have the Office suite of apps on both my MBP and iPhone XS MAX. I have Pages, Numbers, and Keynote as well on both devices but I never use them.

For those of you who have come from a MacBook Pro 13” to the iPad Pro 11” has it been an easy transition or is it worth it more to get the MBP? I used to have an iPad Air 1st generation for two an a half years before I have it to my dad which he uses to this day (hard to believe it’s almost 7 years old!) so I have experience with iPads but not with iPadOS 13.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don’t have an iPad Pro 11” model so I can’t speak about it, however, I do have both. 13” MacBook Pro (2017) and a 12.9” iPad Pro (2020) Wi-Fi + Cellular. The iPad Pro is definitely powerful enough to be a laptop replacement, in my opinion, but whether or not it can replace your MacBook, only you can answer that question. I would like to be able to save a file directly to the home screen.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you haven’t already, check out THIS article via the iMore Blog. It may provide you with helpful information.

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
You’re very welcome...;)

Just an update: I will be getting one of the 13” MacBook Pro 2020s later this month or sometime next month. Don’t know yet which model exactly. The 11” iPad Pro 2020 is out of stock and is a month long wait for delivery, which I don’t know why it is since both have been available since March.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Just an update: I will be getting one of the 13” MacBook Pro 2020s later this month or sometime next month. Don’t know yet which model exactly. The 11” iPad Pro 2020 is out of stock and is a month long wait for delivery, which I don’t know why it is since both have been available since March.

Since school will be starting soon, I’m sure a part of the reason they’re out of stock with a long delivery wait is related. Anyway, congratulations on your decision and hopefully, you’ll enjoy your new toys. Take care and thank you for the update, sir.