iPad Pro (2020) deals at Amazon: Save $100 or more!

I’m looking into buying an iPad Pro, but through my research my original stance has changed in regards to storage. I’m looking at the iPad Pro 12.9in. but which storage option would you all recommend? I’ll be using it for graphic design and music production. So I’ll be running a lot of apps from Adobe and other apps for art, 3D designs as well as music production and audio engineering. Would 256GB do or should I look at 512GB to 1TB?
    05-14-2020 11:46 AM
    I’m looking into buying an iPad Pro, but through my research my original stance has changed in regards to storage. I’m looking at the iPad Pro 12.9in. but which storage option would you all recommend? I’ll be using it for graphic design and music production. So I’ll be running a lot of apps from Adobe and other apps for art, 3D designs as well as music production and audio engineering. Would 256GB do or should I look at 512GB to 1TB?
    Are you planning on taking advantage of cloud storage like iCloud, Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, etcetera? If so then go with the 256 GB model, but if you plan on storing everything on the iPad then you should probably go with the 512 or higher storage model.
    Last edited by Just_Me_D; 07-14-2020 at 08:02 PM.
    05-14-2020 06:43 PM
    Smart move going with the 12.9”. You get used to the larger size real quick.

256 will more than suffice, especially if your under the mindset that you don’t have to keep projects that you did 10 years ago for companies that have been sold three times on your device.

Disclaimer: I use a 12.9” with 256 Gigs.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    05-15-2020 11:59 AM
    This may sound like a cop-out answer, but I would go with as much storage as you can afford! @Just_Me_D asked a very good question, and I agree with his point... if you aren't going to be using some form of cloud storage, I would definitely go with a minimum of 512GB.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    05-15-2020 01:30 PM
    You'll appreciate the large screen right out of the box, so good call there. Regarding the storage, like others have mentioned, it depends on how much of your large files you can and will offload. If you need to carry everything with you all the time, well, more room is always better. If you can offload most and just have what you are working on at the moment, then the 256GB will work. If you're not sure, than the "goldilocks" answer might be the 512GB in the middle. It's "just right".
    05-28-2020 04:37 PM
    256 gigabytes of storage is a lot and should be more than sufficient for a good majority of the population, however, photos and videos can gobble up the storage space rather quickly.

For someone like me, 256 is overkill, although that is exactly the amount of storage I got with my iPad Pro. I don’t hoard photos and videos, but I do maintain a good amount of documents, pdf receipts, spreadsheets, etcetera
    05-28-2020 04:56 PM
    Hey there, @Acetate00. Welcome to iMore.

I agree with all the suggestions above.

When you get a moment, stroll on over to the new members section and introduce yourself to the community:
    https://forums.imore.com/new-forums-...yourself-here/
    Hope this helped.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    05-29-2020 07:34 AM
    I’m just now seeing all of this, got pushed down in my emails. The feedback is greatly appreciated!
    Annie_M likes this.
    07-14-2020 02:23 PM
    At the end of the day it depends on the number of files you need to keep on your 12.9 that you are not working on. if you are only working on current projects and then off loading them once the project is complete, you can get away with less storage. If you keep all of your files with you, then you'll want the max storage option. If it's somewhere in between, then the bowl of porridge that will taste the best is the one in the middle. Best of luck with your purchase.
    07-15-2020 07:03 PM