I want the perfect keyboard for my iPad pro

spgiva

May 9, 2020
Visit site
I wish that the perfect keyboard was not impossible to find. There are a few that are really close but none of them (including the magic keyboard) are quite right.

So this is a thread about what you want in a perfect keyboard.

If the Brydge Pro trackpad worked better it would be my first choice, but right now their trackpad is wonky. I also wish the Brydge hinge supported 360˚ (or close to it) so you could use the ipad as a tablet without removing it from the hinge mechanism which is not easy in/out. It also does not use the smart connector.

The magic keyboard is probably closest right now, a good typing experience, an included trackpad. But I can not get myself to fork out the $350 given the shortcomings it still has.

1st; I want a wider array of viewing angles. I want the main hinge to get to at least a full 90˚, and I want the secondary hinge to support a full 180˚.

2nd; I want function keys. It is a little thing butI have grown used to function keys (on moth my desktop and my non apple ipad keyboards) and they make my work flow smoother.

3rd; I would love the case to be a little more lightweight.

4th; I want some color options.

I could live with out 3 & 4 (but for this price point I don't think I should have to). But I can not fork over this kind of money without 1 & 2.

So what would your perfect ipad keyboard look like.
-SPG

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I suppose my ideal iPad Keyboard would be one that felt as comfortable to type on than a desktop keyboard with great battery life and build quality.

spgiva

May 9, 2020
Visit site
I suppose my ideal iPad Keyboard would be one that felt as comfortable to type on than a desktop keyboard with great battery life and build quality.

From a tying experience I find logitech, Zagg, & Brydge all make a good product. If you don’t care about the trackpad, the original Brydge keyboard feels like typing on an older MacBook Pro (before they had switched to the flat keys) and the battery lasts for months.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
From a tying experience I find logitech, Zagg, & Brydge all make a good product. If you don’t care about the trackpad, the original Brydge keyboard feels like typing on an older MacBook Pro (before they had switched to the flat keys) and the battery lasts for months.

I have a Brydge keyboard connected to my original 9.7-inch iPad Pro and it does a excellent job, in my opinion.

spizike23

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
The only keyboard case to get is the magic keyboard any other one is no where near the quality. If you want just a keyboard getting the magic keyboard for the Mac mini/iMac is the best option in that scenario. Yes there are 3rd party options but they aren’t that great. Some people may try to convince you other wise but spending less does not give you quality all the time. No I am not a fan boy I just believe if you’re paying $1000 plus for a device why cheap out on something that will make your experience more favorable and efficient.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2