I replaced my old iPad Pro 10.5 a few weeks ago with a new iPad Pro 12.9 4th Gen with the intention of getting the Magic Keyboard when it was available, but as that was going to be around May, I plumped for the Keyboard Folio case to maximise the iPad's use.

I have linked my Magic Mouse to the iPad, but I'll be honest I haven't used it that much as not a lot of apps support it at the moment.

So I'm really stuck on the fence between spending £350 on the Magic Keyboard or keeping the Folio keyboard for now and look again at a later date and sell the Folio Keyboard on on eBay or something.

I've tried looking on the net, but I can't seem to find any articles indicating current mouse/touchpad supporting apps on the iPad other than Apples productivity apps.

Thanks
    BrindawithanI likes this.
    04-16-2020 07:53 AM
    Well, if you're getting by with your current Folio keyboard, I'd stick with it. £350 is a lot of money!
    04-16-2020 09:05 AM
    If the current folio keyboard fits your needs, then by all means keep it. I had a folio keyboard on my last iPad and could not stand how it locked into place and how I couldn’t sit it on my lap. The new magic keyboard fits perfectly and I must say the keys are much more satisfying to type on. Pricey yes, but definitely a game changer for me.
    BrindawithanI likes this.
    04-22-2020 08:25 PM
    So I'm really stuck on the fence between spending £350 on the Magic Keyboard or keeping the Folio keyboard for now and look again at a later date and sell the Folio Keyboard on on eBay or something.
    I also had the 10.5 Pro with the Smart Keyboard. My Magic Keyboard arrived today (from Best Buy) for the 12.9 Gen 4 and I have to tell you, there’s NO comparison. I wanted a Pro for work because I can’t connect to just any old Wi-Fi with my laptop as I work with Non-public personal info. I really feel like, for me, I totally got my moneys worth. LOVE this keyboard! Edited to add that I’m typing this on my lap. The Smart Keyboard wasn’t nearly as stable for that.
    Last edited by BrindawithanI; 05-09-2020 at 01:58 PM.
    Annie_M and Just_Me_D like this.
    05-09-2020 12:59 PM