Who’s ordering the new 2020 iPad Pro?

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I’m sure that’s why a lot of people bought them LOL. I’ve been using devices a lot less than I thought during quarantine. The desire isn’t really there...guess I won’t be getting one anytime soon

Lol. Admittedly, I’ve been on mine quite a bit between work and leisure. Definitely a good investment for me.

akutch34

Trusted Member
Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
040acf23273e2676cc37d060d3ed4e8f.jpg

Resistance was futile for me.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I did because of my goofy better half:
HIS iPad is toast but he’s adamant that he doesn’t want a new one so I’m getting the new one and he’s inheriting my iPad Pro 2018 🤷🏻*♀️

So I ordered the 11” 1TB WiFi + LTE with a new pencil and a new set of AirPods, I got the pro for the AirPods too.
And a cover though I’ll probably get a different one later on.

April 2nd or 3rd

minimejer05

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
Picked up my 128GB 11-inch iPad Pro yesterday and a black smart folio case this morning (to hold me over until the Magic Keyboard drops). This thing is aweeeeesome. Came from a 9.7-inch iPad Pro and definitely digging the upgrades. Almost went with LTE, but couldn’t justify the extra cash. I stopped using my previous iPad for a long period of time and am hoping this new one reinvigorates my usage.

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
My 12.9” 3rd Gen is still running solid and can’t justify the upgrade. Camera on iPad does nothing for me and since my iPad is cellular it’s more of a pain to upgrade. Only thing that catches my eye is the new case but the price tag is a turn off for me. With that said, I hope Logitech drops a new keyboard case that has a trackpad for the 3rd Gen 12.9”

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Didn’t purchase a new iPad Pro, considering it seems like the legit only difference between this iPad Pro and the last iPad Pro is the camera (and AR I guess) and an unnoticeable (for me and probably 90% of others) CPU boost.

That being said, I did order the new magic keyboard today! I have a feeling the new trackpad features are going to make the iPad Pro feel like new!

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
How are you liking the size?

Honestly don’t know yet. I like the weight and the dimensions just not sure about the 12.9 inch display.
Everything else about the 2020 iPad Pro is a substantial upgrade over my last iPad Pro.

Probably going to decide next week if I’m going to stick with it or get the 11 inch. I had a 10.5 inch iPad Pro and the first generation 12.9 before that.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Honestly don’t know yet. I like the weight and the dimensions just not sure about the 12.9 inch display.
Everything else about the 2020 iPad Pro is a substantial upgrade over my last iPad Pro.

Probably going to decide next week if I’m going to stick with it or get the 11 inch. I had a 10.5 inch iPad Pro and the first generation 12.9 before that.

Thanks, i have had a 11" since Dec 18 i really like, best iPad i have ever had and have had them all except the newer 12.9, my wife could do with a upgrade from a gen 5 so was thinking of getting the 12.9 and giving her mine. I don't want to go through the swapping, i did try a gen1 12.9 but found it too big.
Hard decision might be better of sticking with another 11". We don't use keyboards/pencils.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, i have had a 11" since Dec 18 i really like, best iPad i have ever had and have had them all except the newer 12.9, my wife could do with a upgrade from a gen 5 so was thinking of getting the 12.9 and giving her mine. I don't want to go through the swapping, i did try a gen1 12.9 but found it too big.
Hard decision might be better of sticking with another 11". We don't use keyboards/pencils.

I know what you mean about swapping, can be quite irritating.

Well I hope you will allow me to make it more difficult for you;
The 12.9 is lighter and thinner than the original 12.9 inch iPad and that is quite noticeable when using the iPad. Your hand will not cover up the Face ID sensor when in landscape as often or as much as on the 11 inch. And lastly, the bezels look and feel thinner on the 12.9 vs the 11.

Consuming media and multi tasking are also much easier on the larger display, and the speakers are absurdly loud.

I think one more week and I will know, I only started using the new iPad less than a week ago.

Best of luck

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
I know what you mean about swapping, can be quite irritating.

Well I hope you will allow me to make it more difficult for you;
The 12.9 is lighter and thinner than the original 12.9 inch iPad and that is quite noticeable when using the iPad. Your hand will not cover up the Face ID sensor when in landscape as often or as much as on the 11 inch. And lastly, the bezels look and feel thinner on the 12.9 vs the 11.

Consuming media and multi tasking are also much easier on the larger display, and the speakers are absurdly loud.

I think one more week and I will know, I only started using the new iPad less than a week ago.

Best of luck

Thanks again, a few things there got me interested, i do find the 11" when holding it FID is a bit annoying, fine on a desk, wont bother the Mrs she doesn't even use TID on her Gen 5.
Didn't know about the bezels. I did think the speakers were great on my 11" so another bonus. I do a lot of media and news reading not so much books have a kindle for that. The 11" doesn't do full apps in split screen as i have read so will use that more often.
I mainly use mine at home as i work from home, or on the odd buss trip in the car, so not someone who lugs it around all day.

So ordered a 12.9" 256GB SG Cellular from my Telco and ordered the smart folio black from Apple, i like it on my 11" nice and light and feels good to hold.

Ordered from my Telco so once i open it there is no return here unless faulty, i have had a look in store but can't tell with them locked down.

Wish me luck lol.

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks again, a few things there got me interested, i do find the 11" when holding it FID is a bit annoying, fine on a desk, wont bother the Mrs she doesn't even use TID on her Gen 5.
Didn't know about the bezels. I did think the speakers were great on my 11" so another bonus. I do a lot of media and news reading not so much books have a kindle for that. The 11" doesn't do full apps in split screen as i have read so will use that more often.
I mainly use mine at home as i work from home, or on the odd buss trip in the car, so not someone who lugs it around all day.

So ordered a 12.9" 256GB SG Cellular from my Telco and ordered the smart folio black from Apple, i like it on my 11" nice and light and feels good to hold.

Ordered from my Telco so once i open it there is no return here unless faulty, i have had a look in store but can't tell with them locked down.

Wish me luck lol.

I think you’ll enjoy it very much. I still use mine every day. I also have it on a cellular line so it’s even more useful for me work wise

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
I think you’ll enjoy it very much. I still use mine every day. I also have it on a cellular line so it’s even more useful for me work wise

Thanks, i always buy cellular iPads, 1 for the gps chip for maps and 2 we can share data on our account between phones/ipads, have 100gb. Also good when the internet goes down.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner