Who’s ordering the new 2020 iPad Pro?

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Just as the title says....who’s ordering? I’ve been in my own little bubble and wasn’t even aware these are being shipped next week. I’m on the market for a new iPad, so I might just get one of these. Haven’t had a new iPad since the Mini 2.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I have the 3rd gen iPad Pro 12.9 (October 2018 release) and It’s still unclear if the new Magic Keyboard will be compatible with it (I don’t see why it wouldn’t except for the camera cutout being a bit off).

It seems like unless you really *really* need the new camera (on an iPad...) there would be no reason to drop another ~$1500 on this new iPad if you have the 3rd gen Pro.

That being said, the new keyboard looks extremely promising for productivity (and I really want it) and may just have to take the hit in May when the keyboard is released if Apple somehow makes it incompatible with anything but the new iPad.

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I have the 3rd gen iPad Pro 12.9 (October 2018 release) and It’s still unclear if the new Magic Keyboard will be compatible with it (I don’t see why it wouldn’t except for the camera cutout being a bit off).

It seems like unless you really *really* need the new camera (on an iPad...) there would be no reason to drop another ~$1500 on this new iPad if you have the 3rd gen Pro.

That being said, the new keyboard looks extremely promising for productivity (and I really want it) and may just have to take the hit in May when the keyboard is released if Apple somehow makes it incompatible with anything but the new iPad.

It’s compatible with the 2018 Pro models..

Does the new Magic Keyboard with Trackpad work with your old iPad Pro? http://www.imore.com/does-new-magic-keyboard-trackpad-work-your-old-ipad-pro

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Just as the title says....who’s ordering? I’ve been in my own little bubble and wasn’t even aware these are being shipped next week. I’m on the market for a new iPad, so I might just get one of these. Haven’t had a new iPad since the Mini 2.

I like the 12.9” models, but I know if I were to buy one, I will only use it for a short period of time before I start using it infrequently. The iPad doesn’t mesh with me the way my iPhone and MacBook Pro does.

When the original 9.7” iPad Pro was released, I bought it to replace my old 2009 model MacBook and for the most part, it served its purpose, but the experience always felt incomplete or as if something was missing.

I may purchase an iPad in the near future, but for now, I’m content with my iPhone and MacBook Pro. ...

Dgray2712

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Just got a 3rd gen iPad Pro 12.9 in September. And with uncertainty in my job and the economy, money won’t be flying like it has in the past.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
My iPad Pro 9.7” is still running strong but I have been thinking about a new one. But I don’t know.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
My current iPad serves its purpose well, so I won't be purchasing a new one this year.

Last edited:

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I literally just picked up an iPad Pro from Apple 3 weeks ago. I may get the new cover with the keyboard though - that looks amazing! Over-priced, but cool

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I am in the market for a new iPad and the new Pro is really tempting, but to be honest it's probably overkill for how I use a tablet. I'm leaning towards the current iPad Air, since I already have a MacBook Pro for any heavy lifting.

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
So I have a work issued Gen1 12.9” iPad Pro (they won’t get my an upgrade sadly) and also picked up a 11” iPad Pro for my personal use when they were released. I love them both, however still always favour the 12.9” for the extra screen size for general day to day use, however for travelling (I fly quite a bit, to the ability to watch content during take-off/decent and landing is important, the 12.9” has to be put away during these times) the 11” comes into it’s own.

I have to give the Gen1 12.9” credit, it is bullet proof and still actually able to meet my needs (get the odd bit of slowness, but hey).

So right now I’m on the fence, but really tempted to get one of the new 12.9” Pro’s.........but perhaps I should really thing about waiting until the new screen tech comes along. Gadgets/Technology are one of my last vices, so it’s not really about the money (yet obviously still a factor), I just really hate getting technology that I don’t use/exploit.

PS - One thing that is really noticeable between Gen1 12.9” and Gen1 11” is the brightness of the screen. Quite a bit of video content is very very dark (ie Altered Carbon), the 11” makes viewing far more comfortable.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm not planning to the way updated MacBook Air interests me. Already, using earlier model I know now much it won't suffice for me. My work requires a general purpose computer.

Still, it looks good and looks like what the Pro iPad product should have been from the start. My company issued Surface has long sort of told me what this product should be.

Please don't take my reasons for not buying as a negative. Many people do not need the general purpose computer that my work requires so this could be a super product.