iPad Pro 11" case review

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Well I received 2 cases for my iPad Pro 11" over the weekend. The first is a Future Folio Leather case from Sena Cases and the 2nd was a FramaSlim from Piel Frama. Both are not cheap the Sena Case is $94.95 and the Piel Frama was $129.58.

Just to preface my comments, I have since my first iPad 1 used Piel Frama cases. They were more expensive than any other cases but they were quality made and designed. I tried 1 Sena case for my iPad Pro 9.7". I felt the design was ok but the construction was flimsy.

I received the Sena case on Friday. Again the design was OK, it provided protection on 3 sides of the iPad and was open on the side for the Apple Pencil. The cover would not lay flat though. The construction was better than my 1st Sena case but in my opinion I don't think the leather would last 2 years after opening and folding the cover back.

Then I went to backup and charge the iPad today. The construction of the case has a plastic frame around the iPad holding it in tightly which I really like. Again the right side of the case is open for the Apple pencil. When I went to plug in the USB 3 connector to backup the iPad the hole Sena made for the connector was too small. I tried using a small rat tail file but it was not working quickly so I just cut off the small piece of the frame on the top of the opening. Success!!

Like I stated before I have used Piel Frama cases since my iPad 1. They have been top quality both in construction and design. Well their FramaSlim case moves away from that experience. The previous cases had protection for all 4 sides of the iPad. This was a leather frame. The front and back of the cases had a foam backing under the leather covering. They had a nice feel when carrying them. This case has neither. The iPad is held to the case by somewhat heavy duty tape. there is NO padding on the front or back covers. It is just leather stretched over a back of what feels like cardboard. At least with the Apple case it was held on by magnets. I don't think the tape will last 2 years.

Piel Frama offers only this 1 style of case for the iPad Pro 11".

So I just wanted to let everyone know about my experiences with these 2 cases. I have 1 more case coming in from MacCase. It appears not to offer any side protection though. I hope they use a better way to attach the case to the iPad than Piel Frama.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2