Just moved from 10.5 to 11

itguyjax8430

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
So far the iPad Pro 11 is pretty nice. There are some apps that do not scale correctly yet but I am sure they will hopefully be updated very soon.

The only gripe I really have is the missing headphone jack. I know what you are going to say "just use bluetooth". I have recently started doing some mobile game streaming and bluetooth does not work very well with it for streaming or com's in some of the games. It was really a lot easier on the 10.5 with the headphone jack. I use my Logitech G933 gaming headset with the 3.5 cable because I am able to mute the mic whenever I want. When I moved to the 11, oh boy was it a headache. I have managed to get it resolved but I had to purchase a few things just to get it working the way I want to.

I am currently waiting on my Satechi USB-C Hub to come in.

[redacted}

I am currently using a Kingston Nucleum USB-C Hub along with the Apple USB-C to 3.5 adapter and it seems to be working just fine for now. It lets me charge the iPad and use the USB-C to 3.5 adapter at the same time. The fact that I have to carry all of this around or having it hanging from my iPad Pro while I am playing a game and streaming is a little annoying.

[redacted]

Lastly I ordered a Dreamvasion USB-C Charging and Audio Adapter which is coming in today to try out. It has less of a footprint and just might work for what I am doing. I may need to buy an extenstion cable for it just so that it is not always hanging from the iPad Pro.

[redacted]

So far I like the new design and the screen. I have the Apple Type Cover for it and it seems to be pretty nice. I like being able to adjust it with the two options. I do miss being able to fold it behind the iPad Pro though. Sometimes I just don't want the keyboard out and in the way. There are some compromises but overall it is a nice upgrade.

Just thought I would share my experience so far with having switched from the 10.5 to the 11.

I have the Verizon version of the iPad Pro 11.

Last edited by a moderator:

itguyjax8430

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
So just found out an issue going on with USB-C accessories. I noticed when I would plug in my USB-C to 3.5 adapter sometimes I would get page can not be displayed or certain apps can no longer access to internet. I have to actually reboot my iPad every time this happened in order to get an internet connection going again. I found some post on Apples help site where people are having the same issue as me. They said Apple is aware of it and that they are working on a fix. It seems like some kind of software issue to me. Just thought I would pass that on to anyone else having the issue.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner