12.9” IPad Pro and charging

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Anyone having problems charging this thing. I left my charger that came with it at home and went today to Best Buy and bought a Belkin charging cable. Drove the truck about a good 15-20 miles and it was up only 9%. Drove later for about an hour and a half and it’s up from 42% to about 70%

Now I’ve been at McDonalds for about an hour and the charge is showing 86%. I’m using the Belkin usb to USB-C cable and the old iPad charging brick. You know the one that come with the iPads before they moved to USB-C.

Am I having a problem with the charge or is the new 12.9” battery just big that it takes a long time to charge?

I looked on YouTube and someone was saying that it takes about 3 hours to charge when it’s low. I don’t remember if he said low or dead. He also was talking about using a MacBook charger and it would cut the time down to 2 hours. I called Apple Support about this and they said no. I asked them about charging it with my 87W charger that came with my 2017 15” MacBook Pro. They said just use the charger that came with the iPad because this is too much charging power and it could hurt the iPad.

Sorry for the long rant.

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
If you’re not using a USB-C charger then yeah the charging can take a bit longer. I went skiing a few weeks ago and realized I didn’t have my USB-C brick so I used a 10W Apple brick USB-A to USB-C and it took FOREVER

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
The 2017 & 2016 Macbook’s have USB-C on them. Still Apple said no. Maybe if someone had a 12” MacBook or the new Airs than it “might” be okay.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh