Pre-Sign for Delivery?

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I just got my shipping notifications this morning for my iPad and accessories.

I live in an apartment complex and I was wondering if I should fill out the Pre-Sign for Delivery option. I most likely won’t be home when the items arrive, but if they come during normal business hours someone at the apartment complex definitely will.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm, I never lived in a complex before so, personally I'd feel uncomfortable doing that. Then again, my brother lives in a complex & a recent storm blew his motorcycle cover away... next day it was neatly folded at his door when he got home from work. :yes:

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm, I never lived in a complex before so, personally I'd feel uncomfortable doing that. Then again, my brother lives in a complex & a recent storm blew his motorcycle cover away... next day it was neatly folded at his door when he got home from work. :yes:

I usually get big purchases sent to my parents’ house (I’m in law school, out of my home state), but got greedy and wanted to get my hands on the iPad before the Thanksgiving Break, so I’m sending it to my apartment.

I just want to make sure that I personally don’t have to physically sign for the items (and that my building signing on my behalf will be acceptable). If so, I should be fine. But I actually have to be there for delivery, I’ll probably have to pre-sign.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I would be leery about having it delivered without you being there. If you pre-sign for it, what's to protect you if you don't get it? Do you have a neighbor that you trust? If so, have it delivered to them. Another option would be to talk to someone at your school. I know that our law school has a mail room for students. Perhaps someone there could sign for it for you, and you could get it when you're at school.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I would be leery about having it delivered without you being there. If you pre-sign for it, what's to protect you if you don't get it? Do you have a neighbor that you trust? If so, have it delivered to them. Another option would be to talk to someone at your school. I know that our law school has a mail room for students. Perhaps someone there could sign for it for you, and you could get it when you're at school.

I live in an apartment complex though; deliveries never come to the door; they are placed in a personal mailbox or a locked mailroom (for larger packages)). I don’t think I would ever be signing for it - which was my original issue.

Basically, because someone at the apartment would be signing, not me, would UPS simply say “sorry, can’t deliver to you” and make me pick it up at a UPS delivery center or something?

If my apartment staff can sign for it, I’m not worried

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I live in an apartment complex though; deliveries never come to the door; they are placed in a personal mailbox or a locked mailroom (for larger packages)). I don’t think I would ever be signing for it - which was my original issue.

Basically, because someone at the apartment would be signing, not me, would UPS simply say “sorry, can’t deliver to you” and make me pick it up at a UPS delivery center or something?

If my apartment staff can sign for it, I’m not worried

That's a much better scenario! I found [URL="https://forums.imore.com/e?link=https%3A%2F%2Fapple.sjv.io%2Fc%2F221109%2F473657%2F7613%3FsubId1%3DUUimUvbUpU3105879%26subId2%3Dvbim%26u%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Fwww.apple.com%252Fshop%252Fhelp%252Fshipping_delivery&token=Gw7UAF_o]this information[/URL] on Apple's website.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
That's a much better scenario! I found [URL="https://forums.imore.com/e?link=https%3A%2F%2Fapple.sjv.io%2Fc%2F221109%2F473657%2F7613%3FsubId1%3DUUimUvbUpU3105888%26subId2%3Dvbim%26u%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Fwww.apple.com%252Fshop%252Fhelp%252Fshipping_delivery&token=eNO4vRln]this information[/URL] on Apple's website.

Thank you!

My pencil and keyboard folio are slated to get delivered tomorrow; so I’ll use those as a test to make sure there are no delivery hiccups. If everything gets delivered as it should, I’ll have peace of mind for the iPad!

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Thank you!

My pencil and keyboard folio are slated to get delivered tomorrow; so I’ll use those as a test to make sure there are no delivery hiccups. If everything gets delivered as it should, I’ll have peace of mind for the iPad!

Good idea! Keep us posted on how this works! :)

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Good idea! Keep us posted on how this works! :)

Just spoke to my building management and now they allow UPS into the building and allow them to deliver directly to the door.

Thankfully I don’t have class during the anticipated delivery times, so I’ll be waiting patiently!

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Just spoke to my building management and now they allow UPS into the building and allow them to deliver directly to the door.

Thankfully I don’t have class during the anticipated delivery times, so I’ll be waiting patiently!

That's awesome!!!

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Thank you!

Wife and I live in a large complex (Houston). Stuff that needs to be signed for is brought to the office if your not home to sign. (UPS). USPS signature required goes straight to the office.

Some no sign UPS deliveries go to the office, some come to the door. I’ve come home to packages by the door. USPS goes in larger lock boxes, the key is in your mailbox.

Complex does background checks on everyone and has a no felons policy.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2