Non-Apple Stores... Who else has the 12.9 iPad Pro with Wifi & Cellular?

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I was going to pre-order via Best Buy since I can get it Tax Free, but seems they only have Wifi versions of all the iPads, nothing with Cellular. Anyone else carry the cellular option on 11/7?

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I had a chat session with Apple before ordering my cellular & they said, once it arrives, I just need to call my carrier and they'll activate it OTA.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I decided to skip the LTE this time, I realized I really don't use it as much as I thought. Most places I go has Wifi and/or Xfinity broadcasts in my city and Seattle and most places I travel in WA. On top of that I can make my Xs-Max a hotspot if I need it. So it saves the upcharge and what I am paying AT&T each month. Will just kill it.

So went with the 12.9 512GB w/ Apple Care / Smart Folio and Apple Pencil 2. Will pick it up at BB on Wed 11/7. I prefer Best Buy since I can get my stuff Tax Free.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
I decided to skip the LTE this time, I realized I really don't use it as much as I thought. Most places I go has Wifi and/or Xfinity broadcasts in my city and Seattle and most places I travel in WA. On top of that I can make my Xs-Max a hotspot if I need it. So it saves the upcharge and what I am paying AT&T each month. Will just kill it.

So went with the 12.9 512GB w/ Apple Care / Smart Folio and Apple Pencil 2. Will pick it up at BB on Wed 11/7. I prefer Best Buy since I can get my stuff Tax Free.

WA is tax free? Here in Michigan we have 6% tax.

If I buy I’m going to have no choice but to get the LTE with At&t Next. The prices over last years 12.9” model are $11 more. 256($65), 512($75), & 1TB is $95 a month. Plus the $10 for the line. I might get the 512 but I can’t see getting the 1 TB. I just have to decide whether the new 12.9” one is an upgrade for me over the 10.5” one that I still owe about $300 on.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
WA is tax free? Here in Michigan we have 6% tax.

If I buy I’m going to have no choice but to get the LTE with At&t Next. The prices over last years 12.9” model are $11 more. 256($65), 512($75), & 1TB is $95 a month. Plus the $10 for the line. I might get the 512 but I can’t see getting the 1 TB. I just have to decide whether the new 12.9” one is an upgrade for me over the 10.5” one that I still owe about $300 on.

Oregon is Tax Free, and although I am in WA now, I own homes in OR and that's my base state. For that reason I have a tax free account at Best Buy. If I order from AT&T or Apple I will need to pay tax. It's 9.1% here, so that's a huge hit.

I had to think about the LTE before clicking buy, and I really don't think I will miss it. If I do, I will give my wife the 12.9 iPad Pro / Wifi and order a 12.9-Wifi-LTE when back in stock.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Non-Apple Stores... Who else has the 12.9 iPad Pro with Wifi & Cellular?

I have a cash problem. Can’t buy out right so I go with the Next. That way I’m not paying all at once. Also I don’t usually use public WiFi. I have AT&T and 22gb data and 10gb in the hotspot. Unless I’m streaming 4K videos on YouTube, I am fine with my data.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: Non-Apple Stores... Who else has the 12.9 iPad Pro with Wifi & Cellular?

I have a cash problem. Can’t buy out right so I go with the Next. That way I’m not paying all at once. Also I don’t usually use public WiFi. I have AT&T and 22gb data and 10gb in the hotspot. Unless I’m streaming 4K videos on YouTube, I am fine with my data.

If AT&T had the LTE for 11/7 I may have picked it, but they're OOS.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
According to their app it’s available for delivery about the middle of November or later depending on what your getting.

I travel too much, I want to be sure what day it's being delivered. It's easier for me to just pick up the one I ordered on 11/7 at BestBuy and live with that one for 4-6 months and if I decide to get the LTE later, will sell it on Swappa or give it to my wife and buy a new one with LTE.

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
You could have still gone LTE and just pick up prepaid data cards as needed. My cable carrier (Optimum) has tons of open WiFi spots as well and I almost always use a VPN, but there's always those few times when I need LTE or (believe it or not) LTE is much faster (T-Mobile).

I'd never go back to a non LTE device.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
You could have still gone LTE and just pick up prepaid data cards as needed. My cable carrier (Optimum) has tons of open WiFi spots as well and I almost always use a VPN, but there's always those few times when I need LTE or (believe it or not) LTE is much faster (T-Mobile).

I'd never go back to a non LTE device.

It's not really a $$$ issue, I actually don't care much about the $240 to AT&T, but I noticed I seldom use it. Also since Apple was back ordered on all iPad Pros 12.9 combos with LTE and Best Buy had the 256 Wifi available for 11/7 I went that direction.

If I find in a few months I miss the LTE I will buy an LTE (as the stock should be plentiful around Feb forward) and give away or sell the 12.9 Wifi Only. It would not be a big deal, just restore from backup, put in the keyboard case, call AT&T to activate and we're up and running.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh