Mail signature issues

BigWilly0811

Apr 30, 2018
Visit site
Recently I noticed that my signature that I have set up on my Mac and my iPhone didn’t carry over to my iPad Pro 12.9. So I copied it from a sent email in my archives, and pasted it to the signature setup screen on my iPad. This worked fine, however I noticed two faint vertical lines on the signature that weren’t there before. I attempted to delete the signature and try again, but only the text deleted, not the lines. Then I tapped the “return” key and every time I did, the lines extended downward with each tap of the key. I tried resetting my iPad and I’ve looked on many forums for a solution to this issue, but I’ve had no luck so far. I will include screenshots of what I have going on so maybe it will make more sense. Thank you in advance.

Willy

9E844F5A-07B2-47FD-A54A-19F2F5C2A240.png

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Recently I noticed that my signature that I have set up on my Mac and my iPhone didn’t carry over to my iPad Pro 12.9. So I copied it from a sent email in my archives, and pasted it to the signature setup screen on my iPad. This worked fine, however I noticed two faint vertical lines on the signature that weren’t there before. I attempted to delete the signature and try again, but only the text deleted, not the lines. Then I tapped the “return” key and every time I did, the lines extended downward with each tap of the key. I tried resetting my iPad and I’ve looked on many forums for a solution to this issue, but I’ve had no luck so far. I will include screenshots of what I have going on so maybe it will make more sense. Thank you in advance.

Willy

View attachment 123020

Hello there @BigWilly0811. Welcome to iMore.

You said when you tap "return" the lines expanded. Does it do anything when you hit the delete / back button? While I don't have the 12.9 I do have the 9.7 so it should be similar.

Plasmanut

Jul 24, 2009
Visit site
I wish someone could tell me (or Apple would finally make this a feature) how to add a signature for an individual email rather than this “all or nothing” stupid option we currently have.

50% of the time, I don’t want a signature, which makes it a pain to delete it. The other 50%, I want it included and I’m obviously not going to re-create it each time. Why not have the option with the long press or 3D Touch to add the signature the same way we can add an attachment.

Why is this so difficult?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I wish someone could tell me (or Apple would finally make this a feature) how to add a signature for an individual email rather than this “all or nothing” stupid option we currently have.

50% of the time, I don’t want a signature, which makes it a pain to delete it. The other 50%, I want it included and I’m obviously not going to re-create it each time. Why not have the option with the long press or 3D Touch to add the signature the same way we can add an attachment.

Why is this so difficult?

It would be a nice feature addition for sure.
Let Apple know!
Feedback
https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html#mn_p

They do read the feedback.