10.5” iPad vs. 9.7” iPad Speakers

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I have had a 9.7” iPad Pro since basically launch date, and it’s been the closest thing to a laptop replacement that I’ve ever seen. I use it every day, from the minute I get home from work until I turn the lights off for bed at night, and I love it...except for the speakers. As nicely as I can say it, the speakers on my 9.7” iPad suck. Sorry...but they do. Watching Netflix or YouTube...the volume is too low at maximum to be easily enjoyable, and at that volume the tonality suffers & gets “mushy”.

My question is this: Are the speakers any better in sheer volume & tonality in the 10.5” Pro to justify “upgrading”?

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
All the Pro models have the quad speakers. In my experience, there isn't much of a difference. Though it's been a while since I compared the 10.5 to my 9.7. I definitely don't recall there being a noticeable enough difference to justify the upgrade.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
If you are happy with the 9.7 I wouldn’t recommend the 10.5. Perhaps wait until the next update. The 9.7 is more than capable.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
From my experience with the 1st Gen iPP and the 10.5” iPP, there aren’t any noticeable difference in terms of volume or tonality.

naddy6969

May 29, 2017
Visit site
If you have to use max volume and it is still too low, then either something is wrong with your iPad OR something is wrong with your ears. Seriously.

I have both the 10.5” and the 13” pro. The 13” sounds better and is louder, but the 10.5” is no slouch. I never have it more than about 3/4 volume, and that is only if the room is noisy. In a quiet room, half volume is plenty.

I also have a mini 4, and it has surprisingly good sound. Again, never at full volume.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner