Can ipad pro work with office documents

starkreality1

Dec 20, 2017
Visit site
I'm trying to figure out whether the ipad pro can replace a laptop for an average user...that is what will the ipad NOT be able to do?
I've read all the comparisons and arguments between the two and still unclear about OFFICE stuff - basic spreadsheets, word processing and powerpoint / keynote?
None of the office stuff will be sophisticated and want to undertsand whether the ipad will do this with at least similar ease or it will be painful?

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
It’ll work just fine on the iPad Pro.
Although I do fine it easier to use Office on a Mac as compared to an iPad. It feels more restricted and difficult to navigate with an iPad IMO.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
The OP isn't clear to me, considering this post is on the iPad forum and not the iPad Pro forum. Did you mean this for the iPad Pro forum, or did you want to know if the iPad can handle Office apps like the Ipad Pro can?

If the former, perhaps a mod can move this thread to the iPad Pro forum.

If the later, the iPad will handle basic work in office apps roughly as well as the iPad Pro; with the caveat that more complex work may be a bit slower (since the iPad has a slower processor). Additionally, the Apple Keyboard will not work with the iPad (only the Pro), though there are third party keyboards you can get (typically Bluetooth) for the iPad, to make the data entry easier.

Ken Magel

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Note that Microsoft Office on the IPad is not quite at feature parity with Office on Window devices. For example, Pivot tables are not supported on the Ipad. All basic functionality is there, however, and works fine.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Office works just fine on my 9.7" IPP.

However, if I could change anything, I'd probably would have went with the larger model. 9.7 is nice an compact but some of my spreadsheets needs the larger screen.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73