Keyboard case/cover suggestions

Graham Lee77

May 23, 2015
Visit site
I’m looking for a suitable keyboard/case combo for my new purchase.

I’ve looked in depth at the Apple Smart Keyboard and tested one out briefly. Seemed quite pleasant to use, but doesn’t have the facility to hold the Apple Pencil when it’s not in use.

The other option I looked at was the Logitech Slim Combo, which does have the option to hold the Apple Pencil, but looks a lot bulkier and heavier, and potentially a bit less stable on your lap.

I know there are a few other non smart connector keyboards around that have holders for the Apple Pencil but rely on Bluetooth and usb charging, but reviews of these are quite rare.

Any suggestions on an alternative or just go for either of the two above based on other people’s experiences?

Thanks

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I use the Apple Smart Keyboard as well as the apple leather sleeve. When you set the iPad on top of the sleeve it gives the keyboard a better height to type on, and your pencil is right next to you in the built in holder. It’s my favorite combo! Thin and light weight.

Graham Lee77

May 23, 2015
Visit site
I use the Apple Smart Keyboard as well as the apple leather sleeve. When you set the iPad on top of the sleeve it gives the keyboard a better height to type on, and your pencil is right next to you in the built in holder. It’s my favorite combo! Thin and light weight.

If you use the sleeve, then do you have to remove the keyboard so it’s separate?

Bubba_Manson

Banned
Aug 11, 2016
Visit site
Personally, I was never happy with any Bluetooth case I tried. The smart connector is the only way to go. It always works and as long as your iPad has battery so does your keyboard. I use the apple Smart Keyboard because I prefer things be as unobtrusive as possible. I know people who like the Logitech Create. I have a laptop and don't need two, so for me that's out, but it is a preference not a fact.

There is a Bluetooth option that I have heard a lot of positive feedback about (and some negative). Check out the Brydge keyboard. It's about as close as you can get to a laptop experience on the iPad. Now for the bad news. They had a bad batch produced and shipped to their distributor. They know about it and are still sending the, out. There are people that have gotten two and three replacements and still had a bad unit. But they have been replacing them. So there is that. I've heard really great things when someone gets a working unit. I'm still gunshy about Bluetooth and it's too big for me anyway. But a lot of people seem to really like it.

NJ1193

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
I combined the Apple Smart Keyboard with the UAG (Urban Armor Gear) folio case. The front cover is removable so you can use the Smart Keyboard with it. Also, it has an excellent spot for the Apple Pencil.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2