Which storage should I choose on iPad Pro 12.9?

Newt Scamander

Sep 24, 2017
Visit site
I wanna buy an iPad Pro 12.9 but I don't know which storage should I choose on it. I am a college student, I will use the iPad as my daily study machine. I also use it for my entertainment, such as: drawing, heavy games, download videos/movies/pictures, social network. Which storage should choose?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! I might forego the 64 GB and get the 256 GB model. 512 GB is probably overkill for you. If money is no object then go crazy!

sq018

Aug 8, 2017
Visit site
I went for 64GB. The 256B is overkill. I originally bought 10.5 256GB but returned for bigger screen. I realized I don't use that much space. Using 64GB version makes you more responsible for putting only necessary stuff on your iPad.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I don’t know why anyone would get smaller than 128 gig. Verizon has them at 32 gig on promotion and no way would I want an ipad at 32 gig or 64 gig. I was stuck with Note 5 32 gig when the Note 7 was recalled and it was horrible. I have the 128 on ipad and 128 on my 7+ but when I get the 8+ will be getting the 256 gig.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I don’t know why anyone would get smaller than 128 gig. Verizon has them at 32 gig on promotion and no way would I want an ipad at 32 gig or 64 gig. I was stuck with Note 5 32 gig when the Note 7 was recalled and it was horrible. I have the 128 on ipad and 128 on my 7+ but when I get the 8+ will be getting the 256 gig.

Some users have everything on the cloud and doesn’t need that much storage.

I personally prefer having extra storage when it comes to my Apple devices.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

The majority of users aren’t nerds hanging out in tech forums like we are. They generally have much simpler storage needs than we do.
I just picked up a 32 GB iPad for my 8 year old son. $250 was a steal. I would have gotten a 128 GB but nobody was discounting it. Still, 32 GB is PLENTY for him. If he outgrows it in a few years I’ll replace the 32 GB with something bigger. I’ve only invested $250.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
The majority of users aren’t nerds hanging out in tech forums like we are. They generally have much simpler storage needs than we do.
I just picked up a 32 GB iPad for my 8 year old son. $250 was a steal. I would have gotten a 128 GB but nobody was discounting it. Still, 32 GB is PLENTY for him. If he outgrows it in a few years I’ll replace the 32 GB with something bigger. I’ve only invested $250.

Should be plenty enough storage for a 8 year old person. When I was that age no one knew of such a device and that was fine.

Photos we used cameras with film. Music was on record platers and victrolas, photos were viewed in photo books, calculations were done with pens, pencils on paper.

All worked perfectly.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Should be plenty enough storage for a 8 year old person. When I was that age no one knew of such a device and that was fine.

Photos we used cameras with film. Music was on record platers and victrolas, photos were viewed in photo books, calculations were done with pens, pencils on paper.

All worked perfectly.

I’m not sure I get the comparison between the technology needs of an 8 year old several decades ago and an 8 year old in 2017 but I get what you’re saying.

Last edited:

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Just ordered a 12.9 4G 64GB, have the X in same size and its all i need, iCloud/AppleMusic and 40gb data shared between per month.
I have a 27" 5K iMac in my home/office which helps.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Kids are learning at a young age. Schools are utilizing iPads in their studies. I just wish teens today and tweens were not on their phones as much. I work with 18 yrs olds and older and some of them are awkward in their social skills. They are so accustomed to texting and with my company we communicate via talking and using the phone more so than texting. It is tough for them to balance sometimes but they need to. What is considered appropriate behavior in the work place isn’t the same as in their personal lives. Talking and being able to verbally communicate is a lot with working and texting can’t take its place.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Oh I agree. Peeps at work are always looking at their devices. Not even watching where they are walking. No need to have such devices at work.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR