Recycling macbook pro for ipad pro??

ArielTheMermaid14

Aug 21, 2017
Visit site
I am pretty set on recycling my MacBook Pro (2012) and buying a new 10.5 iPad Pro. I used my macbook for school using microsoft office primarily. I also used it to watch netflix, but really that is about it. Now out of school, I do not use it much, just to upload my pictures from my phone and maybe the occasion streaming something from youtube onto my TV using chromecast. It is very slow, has pop ups, and has a hard time turning on. I have taken it to apple store multiple times and they have said "well, it is old, this is to be expected" so I think it is just time to let it go. What do you all think? Thank you very much for your help!

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Hello, welcome to iMore! :)
Does your MBP function just fine? You might want to consider selling it instead of recycling it. As for the iPad, I think the 10.5" iPP will suit your needs just fine

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Thank you! And it runs pretty well, besides being slow and lagey sometimes. Do you think I could sell it? How much do you think?

I'm not sure what the market price is, but I'm sure you can earn a good amount back. Do keep in mind that you will have to spend more if you are planning to get the Smart Keyboard and Apple Pencil

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I have the logi create keyboard for my iPad Pro by Logitech. It never needs to be charged up and has backlight on keyboard. I have the 12.9 Pro. I just got the Pencil yesterday.
The keyboard case was only 99 bucks. Got from my carrier. Saw on Ebay but didn’t want refurbished. I didn’t like the Apple case keyboard. Too flimsy for me