Is iPad with iOS 11 the touchscreen Mac we've been waiting for?

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
With Spaces, Drag and Drop, and the new Files app, all on a 13 inch screen (okay, 12.9), will iPad Pro with all the Pro accessories be a real professional tool? The Mac has been getting iPhone and iPad features for years now, like the ability to answer phone calls and text, while iPad has been getting more Mac features as well. So of I wanted to edit a photo, I could use Affinity Photo, a desktop class app, with the Apple Pencil on the new 2017 12.9 inch iPad Pro and have more control than on a Mac, since the iPad is touchscreen. So this isn’t about whether iPad can replace the Mac, but if it could be used as a professional tool, like the Mac.

Would this be enough for some professionals to see the iPad almost like a touchscreen Mac? It sure does seem interesting to me.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
With Spaces, Drag and Drop, and the new Files app, all on a 13 inch screen (okay, 12.9), will iPad Pro with all the Pro accessories be a real professional tool? The Mac has been getting iPhone and iPad features for years now, like the ability to answer phone calls and text, while iPad has been getting more Mac features as well. So of I wanted to edit a photo, I could use Affinity Photo, a desktop class app, with the Apple Pencil on the new 2017 12.9 inch iPad Pro and have more control than on a Mac, since the iPad is touchscreen. So this isn’t about whether iPad can replace the Mac, but if it could be used as a professional tool, like the Mac.

Would this be enough for some professionals to see the iPad almost like a touchscreen Mac? It sure does seem interesting to me.

For some it can replace their laptop, for most though it still won't replace the laptop. Those additions are nice and all, but still doesn't beat a mouse and trackpad.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro