First 10.5 Post,..where are the rear Apple Cases?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Give it time. I'm sure 3rd-party vendors will offer them at some point.

jimpilot

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I don’t have need of a keyboard. I love my leather apple case on my air 2. Cant believe Apple isn’t continuing the case for my new 10.5 iPad.

jimpilot

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site

John Martinec

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
If I get the 10.5, I might just get the smart cover and then lay it down on the cover when on a table, otherwise I would be holding it or placing it in a bag.

John Martinec

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
If I get the 10.5, it will just be with the front cover for now. I've always liked the Apple cases for my Apple iOS devices. I'm curious why they don't have any though. They even stopped selling the one for the 12.9 inch model.

jimpilot

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Maybe something like this would interest you? It's just a back case with a kick stand. Definitely not going to win any beauty contests but looks to do a very good job. ������

https://www.amazon.com/i-Blason-Ful...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2950134

Too big for me. The Apple leather case was perfect. Hopefully someone will come out with a quality leather case like the Apple one. Strange they would discontinue it, it seemed to be very popular. Maybe we'll see an article on it soon.

IvanKaramazov

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
For what it's worth, I have an old iPad Air that still gets a lot of use (especially recently, while I've been waiting for the new 12.9"). For its entire near four-year existence I've used it with the Smart Cover and nothing else, though I have a sleeve I'll put it in if I'm throwing it in a bag of other stuff. In four years of heavy use it's never scratched or anything. The Smart Cover protects the screen when not in use, and provides a nice grippy texture on the back when folded over for holding. And it keeps the whole package as thin and light as possible, which for me is a lot of the appeal of the iPad in the first place.

MikeElmendorf

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering the exact same thing. Yesterday, I was going to order the new iPad Pro 10.5 to replace my 9.7" Pro. I stopped when I discovered there was no back case.

My current Pro has the Smart Keyboard cover and a silicone case on the back. That's what I want on the 10.5.

I'm not ordering until I can get an Apple case for the back.

Do we think it is a matter of it not being ready yet or maybe that they are not doing it?

Bruins_CCH_4

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I don’t have need of a keyboard. I love my leather apple case on my air 2. Cant believe Apple isn’t continuing the case for my new 10.5 iPad.

Same here.... strangely one of the factors holding me back because it affects the way I use the iPad. I'm holding out hope that Apple will release the case later on as they often bring out new cases partway through a product's lifecycle.

jimpilot

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I've been thinking a lot about this. This is a little out there but what if Apple is trying to take a step towards a naked back to get us used to it. Why? because if the rumors are true about wireless charging on the iPhone 8 the back of the phone will pretty much have to be naked for it to work. So this is a first step towards that look.

I know, a little wild, but the only reason I can see them dropping the case without comment.

MikeElmendorf

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
My trouble is that I want to use the Apple smart keyboard, but I need something for the back. It doesn't look to me like any of those cases will allow that.

As such, I'm still holding on ordering.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73