Not sure whether my IPad Pro screen broke please help!!

Maria Thomas

May 2, 2017
Visit site
I am not sure whether my iPad screen broke or my screen protector broke. If the iPad screen breaks . There will some colour difference or some buttons wont work or maybe the touch won't work.But there is nothing like that.
And there is a crack but can't fell it outside .
So I don't know which one it is in both of them
Please help !!!!!

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Marla, a break on the screen won't necessarily cause touch not to function, or other screen issues beyond the crack itself. And many folks CAN use their device fine WITH the crack or cracks. THAT being said it MAY just be your screen protector especially if it's a tempered glass one. The only way to know for sure would be to remove it. It costs MUCH less to replace a screen protector then the screen. Lift it off with GREAT care, if you are uncertain have a techie friend do it for you. THEN examine the screen again. If the crack is still there it's your screen and you can deal with it. IF the device operates fine and you can live with it, then buy another screen protector and use it with care. Otherwise take it to Apple or a 3rd party apple repair place for screen repair.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
It also sounds possible that it might be the digitizer that cracked, which is laminated to the screen. I had that on a phone that I owned, with it acting similar to what you describe. Unfortunately, to fix it likely still requires replacing the screen.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR