iPad Pro as one device for work and home!

ViktorOTitov

Dec 3, 2016
Visit site
Dear friends!
I am using iPhone 7 plus and Apple Watch Hermes 2. I love them very much! But most of my work I am doing next to my Windows hp laptop.
I decided to buy iPad Pro lte device (9,7 or 12,9) (I want to replace my Windows laptop) for daily work at home, on the road and in office. Is it real, what do You think?
For me the main things I need are portability, convenience in typing (I use MS Office a lot, about 10 hours a day), and also autonomy. I am working in the sphere of science and governance, so I work with a lot of researches, databases, documents. I am also doing a lot of administrative work, that is why I always have hundreds emails every day and I should response on them very quickly.
So the question is, whether iPad Pro will satisfy all my needs?
If not, I have another two variants: to buy Lenovo Thinkpad x270 with lte or Panasonic RZ6 lte.
Thank You very much!

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
All great products mentioned but I needed a general purpose computer an iPad can't be.

With the phone and watch a 12" MacBook would give you the tremendous integration, perfect for Office 365, and on top of that it can run a Windows virtual machine.

I can't say what's right or wrong or good or bad but I have the top model Retina 15 MacBook and use the 12" more than expected and rarely use our iPad since.

I'm very familiar with Windows only laptops because I buy many as an IT director. Many are great but none will have the value and utility of your mobile phone, watch and the laptop working together. Here I mean capability. The top Windows laptops I buy are priced like Macs but I also buy laptops for less money than any Apple laptop. For Windows my favorites have become a Windows VM guest in a Mac host or a Microsoft Surface.

muchospanish

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
While a traditional computer can do everything, as imwjl says, the iPad Pro does plenty, keeps everything simple and very secure, more economical and very portable, as well as giving you 10 hours of charge each day. Microsoft Word and Outlook are great iOS apps. It sounds like those are the two apps you'd be using most.

I use it as my only computer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2