External Hard Drive

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Depends on the external drive you plan on using. The key to an external hard drive for the iPad is built-in WiFi, which allows the drive to connect with an app on the iPad. For example the Seagate Wireless Plus or the AirStash. Otherwise your MBP will need to be a go between.

Beards

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
Okay thanks. Am I going to be using my cellular data if I'm not on wi fi?

No, these hard drives have their own wifi built in. All you need do is from the Settings on the iPad select the wifi of the hard drive. This then links the hard drive and iPad together, controlled by the app previously mentioned.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
My iPad isn't cellular. If I'm out somewhere than I have to use my hotspot on my 7 plus. Will I be using my cellular data now or not. This is where I'm confused.

Beards

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
My iPad isn't cellular. If I'm out somewhere than I have to use my hotspot on my 7 plus. Will I be using my cellular data now or not. This is where I'm confused.
Forget the fact your iPad is not cellular you do not need cellular and forget the iPhone as you do not need the iPhone to connect to the external hard drive.
It is quite simple; You turn on the external hard drive then on your iPad you go to Settings and under WiFi you look for your external hard drive's WiFi signal.
Now select this and you are connected to the hard drive's WiFi signal.
Finally, on the App that you download to use with the hard drive you launch it which will now allow you to see the contents of the drive and send data to and from the drive and iPad.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Called up Apple support to ask about the seagate. They don't support the hard drive as we all know. The reason I wanted the hard drive was because the movies and tv shows were taking up too much space and I couldn't delete them. They showed me how to delete them which I should of known. Now I don't think I need the external hard drive.

Thanks to everyone for the help. Should of gotten the 256gb but target stores don't carry them.

Last edited:

Beards

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
Called up Apple support to ask about the seagate. They don't support the hard drive as we all know. The reason I wanted the hard drive was because the movies and tv shows were taking up too much space and I couldn't delete them. They showed me how to delete them which I should of known. Now I don't think I need the external hard drive.

Thanks to everyone for the help. Should of gotten the 256gb but target stores don't carry them.
No problem.
For simple files like you mention you could have used something like the HooToo Memory Stick USB 3.0 Flash Drive for iPhone iPad with Extended Lightning Connector, 64GB External Storage Memory Expansion, Alloy Metal Casing https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01I1AB...ag=hawk-future-21&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2907663

Works well with both an iPad and MacBook.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
On eBay I look for the lowest price, then the sellers rating, then the location to make sure the sellers location is here in the USA.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
But will the iPad recognize it? Because what I'm hearing is that the iPad won't recognize it. Maybe I'm wrong.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR