Do you use your Apple Pencil or is it just collecting dust?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Whenever I'm using my iPad Pro, I also use my Pencil 99% of the time. It cost too much for me to not use....

randally

Jan 10, 2015
Visit site
To the OP, what is your primary purpose? If you are artistic in nature, I would suspect you would use it most of the time, but if you are just web browsing and emailing, probably not so much.

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Like I said, mine is primarily for school. Other then that I wouldn't have one. We shall see real world use over the next couple days since I have class.

taonari

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
I bought one at launch. Since I use my iPad Pro primarily for studying and annotating PDFs, I use the Pencil every day. No other Bluetooth connected stylus comes close to it. It's magic.

Idelgado782

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
I purchased mines back in late October. I decided to purchase it to use the iPad to annote PDF files and take notes for work. I used it extensively and then decided to start journaling on the iPad as well. I am currently on leave of absence at work so I haven't used it much recently within the last month or so, I'm still trying to make the habit to write in my journal more often than not. I know that once I get back to work I'll be back to using it almost every day of the week.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Bought mine with the 9.7" pro in March 2016. Returned it a week later. Than bought it again in May 2016. Just sits there now unless my daughter uses it to color. Haven't used it on the big pro yet.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I use mine all the time: I use it on maps to plan hikes and trips, I take notes, draw diagrams, and I even use it to make anti Trump memes to make my man laugh. I once forgot it at our vacation home, couldn't bear to wait until I went back to retrieve it so I bought a 2nd one. I love my Apple Pencil.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Mine isn't dusty but it doesn't get much love. I use it to draw diagrams at work during meetings, but that doesn't happen very often. My daughter uses it to have us electronically sign her orchestra practice charts for school through google classroom. That works well. In hindsight, I probably didn't need to drop all that cash on something that isn't frequently used.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Mine isn't dusty but it doesn't get much love. I use it to draw diagrams at work during meetings, but that doesn't happen very often. My daughter uses it to have us electronically sign her orchestra practice charts for school through google classroom. That works well. In hindsight, I probably didn't need to drop all that cash on something that isn't frequently used.

I hear ya. I know I didn't need to, but since I did, I use the heck out of it - even if only as an expensive stylus...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods