Physical keyboard/keyboard case woes

fhanselmann

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I have just returned my second physical keyboard/case for my iPad Pro 12.9.

My goal and hope is to make my Pro more productivity capable and not just a content consuming device. Not particularly a fan of typing on the screen.

My first attempt was a Brydge keyboard. I loved the thing. Looked great. Typing experience was fantastic. BUT, the hinge wouldn't hold the iPad up. When tilted back beyond a certain angle, the thing would just give up and fall flat on my lap or the table it was sitting on. Not good. Returned it.

The ZAGG Slim Book was next. I had some reservations based on one particular issue raised in multiple reviews. The case that covered the iPad was said to be bit delicate/brittle and cracked/broke. Well, I decided to give it a shot and ordered one from ZAGG. Heavier than the the Brydge, but overall a really good experience. Really loved the fact that I could connect it to 3 different devices. Multi-color backlight was cool. Typing experience was great. BUT, 20 days in a piece of the case from around the headphone jack broke off for no apparent reason. Just fell off one morning when I opened it. I just shipped it back to ZAGG for a refund.

I'm considering the Logitech Create Case/Keyboard, however I've read nightmare reviews about the thing "scratching" the screen on the iPad. I've also read reviews that indicate the owner/user has not had a single issue with the screen "scratching" issue.

Anyone have any experience with the Logitech Create? Good or bad?

Any other suggestions for a keyboard?

Appreciate any information you share.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
You could try the apple Smart Keyboard. I haven't tried it myself but a lot of people say it works fine despite the high price. Myself I'm using a Logitech Bluetooth keyboard. It's a multi device one that I got attarget for $40.

I'm using a targus case for my 12.9". It's kinda thick but it protects it good and the ruts are kinda deep.

Andy847

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
I saw this on another forum, looks interesting to me. The cost of course is high as all the others. I did have a mechanical keyboard I tried for my mac, but it wasn't set up for a Mac so i returned it. Loved typing on it though. I will say the mechanical keyboards are loud, so that might be a problem for you. Here's the Link:
Razer Mechanical Keyboard Case for iPAD Pro 12.9in

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I have ordered the Logitech. I have at present time a logitech for my other tablet and I love it. It isn't the create but it is a logitech. I do not see any scratches on the screen. I have always used logitech. I actually got the logitech create on ebay for my ipad pro at a great price. Unfortunately for me, I won't have my tablet until April because Verizon is out of stock. My keyboard case will arrive Monday and waiting patiently to use LOL
I have never had an issue with Logitech. I just suggested it to a friend of mine as well.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I forgot to mention you can always get a screen protector on the tablet as well if nervouse the logitech will scratch the screen. But I have never had such an issue

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I am really liking the Logitech create keyboard/case. The back lite keyboard is awesome. I like how my tablet fits into it and it is well protected. I just got the ipad Pro today. Delivered, waiting for me when I got home from work. I am enjoying it and even more with the Logitech. I knew having a large tablet it wouldn't be fully used without having a keyboard case. A good choice. I didn't like the Apple brand one, too flimsy for me. I don't foresee a problem with it.
I still might get a screen protector on the tablet. But not now.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I went with the Smart Keyboard. Light and simple and also serves as a cover. In my opinion, the ipad is heavy enough and I didn't want to weigh it down with a keyboard/folio. I've been very happy with the Smart Keyboard.

muchospanish

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I went with the Smart Keyboard. Light and simple and also serves as a cover. In my opinion, the ipad is heavy enough and I didn't want to weigh it down with a keyboard/folio. I've been very happy with the Smart Keyboard.

I'm with you, it's exactly why I bought it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77