Do you use True Tone on your iPad Pro 9.7 ?

felloffthetruck

iPhone 7 Plus Champion
Champion
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Do you leave True Tone turned on with your iPad Pro 9.7 ?

Sometimes it's great, other times it just plain dull and muddy. :rolleyes:

What you think?

Last edited:

johndill17

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I tried it when I first got my Pro but then soon turned it off. A bright white screen makes me happy. The True Tone gets too orange to me. It gets close to the full-on orange of Night Shift.

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I tried it when I first got my Pro but then soon turned it off. A bright white screen makes me happy. The True Tone gets too orange to me. It gets close to the full-on orange of Night Shift.

I guess that's why it doesn't bother me. I use night shift on my 7+ and have since they came out with the feature. My eyes are sensitive to light as it is and the night shift is amazing.

Ashraf Ilman

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
True Tone is barely noticeable when it’s on, but turning it off shows a significant difference. Perfect technology: invisible.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Do you leave True Tone turned on with your iPad Pro 9.7 ?

Sometimes it's great, other times it just plain dull and muddy. :rolleyes:

What you think?

True Tone is permanently left on. When i first had the true off, i thought the display looked fine and thought the 'True Tone' was just a waste of software and a gimmick but once it's on. There was a notable difference and its been left on ever since. :)

G.4

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I absolutely love true tone and I wish it was on the iPhone too (maybe next year?) in fact, when I'm using my iPad for a while and then go to my phone later it always hurts my eyes. Coolest little feature in a while I think.

Ashraf Ilman

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
True Tone is one of those technologies that make the iPad a nicer device for reading, which is big. Sometimes I really feel like reading on a piece of paper.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Since getting PRK surgery, my eyes have become more sensitive, I love true tone. I don't notice it other than finding I don't get the eye strain I used to.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Either it was on by default or I turned it on the first day, I don't remember. Either way, it's always been on and I honestly haven't done an on/off comparison.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I don't really notice a difference.

Actually I DO notice a difference. I guess it just doesn't look "better" to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2