Logitech Create Keyboard vs. Apple Smart Keyboard

afctee

Distinguished
May 22, 2016
Visit site
I have a thread about using an iPad Pro, during meetings, to take Notes, etc.
Quite a few people have posted about using a Logitech Create Keyboard. Currently, I'm trying to decide do I simply continue with the onscreen keyboard, or add an attachment (another thing to keep up with).

To me it seems very similar to the Apple Smart Keyboard, and same price, too. Not sure if it makes sounds while typing.
What about it has so many using it, versus the Apple Smart Keyboard?

Thanks

Ashraf Ilman

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I say go with the Create. The price is actually lower. It has backlighting and extra function keys that is more useful than the Smart Keyboard.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
I've read reviews on the Logitech saying that it leaves some kind of imprint on the iPad's screen. I think they were talking about some kind of line.

Chemy JMHT

VR ******
Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
I f you can, buy a really cheap one, test it, see if it fitsyou and then chose the Logitech Create Keyboard / Apple Smart Keyboard, if you like the feeling of a keyboard, most of them work more or less the same, the durability change a lot by the brand, Logitech is a great brand, so any of those two will have the job done but testing if a PKB is something for you could be good.

Ashraf Ilman

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, thought so. The 9.7" Create is the better model. Maybe they’ve learnt from the 12.9" model and make some improvements. Anyway, I really recommend the 9.7 Create :)

StraightlineBoy

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
I have the Logitech Create for my 9.7 and it's been permanently attached to my iPad since I got it about 3 months ago; in short I love it!

My only experience with Apple keyboard is briefly in store. Maybe it grows on you if you get used to it, but it wasn't for me. The Logitech is nice to type on, has a Pencil holder, backlit keys and is cheaper than the Apple one, a complete slam dunk for me. It's not marked my screen at all either and I've not seen are reputable suggesting that it might.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a thread about using an iPad Pro, during meetings, to take Notes, etc.
Quite a few people have posted about using a Logitech Create Keyboard. Currently, I'm trying to decide do I simply continue with the onscreen keyboard, or add an attachment (another thing to keep up with).

To me it seems very similar to the Apple Smart Keyboard, and same price, too. Not sure if it makes sounds while typing.
What about it has so many using it, versus the Apple Smart Keyboard?

Thanks

I've yet to try the Logitech keyboard, but I do have the Apple Smart Keyboard for my 9.7" iPad Pro. I've had it for quite a while so I'm accustomed to it. Having said that, there are times when I prefer the onscreen keyboard like when the iPad is on my lap. It's just easier for me in that circumstance. On a desk or tabletop then I prefer the Apple Smart Keyboard. Now in regard to which is better between Apple's Keyboard and Logitech's version, I cannot say. Test them out at a retailer and then decide which one is best for you.

afctee

Distinguished
May 22, 2016
Visit site
My initial idea about having and using a keyboard with an iPad Pro 9.7, was for meetings at work.

After more research, I've decided to just buy a Moleskine notebook (I bought a StarWars one) and it will do the job. Plus, it will help with keeping my handwriting, grammar and spelling on point. We use devices so much these days, we rarely ever write.

In mid December, 2016, I bought an iPad Pro 9.7 from Target. It was on sale for $150 off! Weird, but I'm yet to open it.

The missus and I have been working on projects around the house (home improvements) and thus have been busy. We're virtually finished now; maybe I'll open my iPad Pro and set it up today...

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My initial idea about having and using a keyboard with an iPad Pro 9.7, was for meetings at work.

After more research, I've decided to just buy a Moleskine notebook (I bought a StarWars one) and it will do the job. Plus, it will help with keeping my handwriting, grammar and spelling on point. We use devices so much these days, we rarely ever write.

In mid December, 2016, I bought an iPad Pro 9.7 from Target. It was on sale for $150 off! Weird, but I'm yet to open it.

The missus and I have been working on projects around the house (home improvements) and thus have been busy. We're virtually finished now; maybe I'll open my iPad Pro and set it up today...

Be forewarned that once you start using the iPad Pro, you may not want to stop......Anyway, Happy New Year to you and your family.

StraightlineBoy

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
there are times when I prefer the onscreen keyboard like when the iPad is on my lap.
Goes to show that there's not a single right answer because now I've got the Logitech keyboard, I never want to see an onscreen keyboard ever again on my iPad! I find when I'm sat on the sofa with iPad on my lap (such as right now) that the Logitech is perfectly comfortable and I don't have half of the screen taken up by a keyboard, a keyboard that's not even capable of showing the letters and numbers at the same time!!!

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Goes to show that there's not a single right answer because now I've got the Logitech keyboard, I never want to see an onscreen keyboard ever again on my iPad! I find when I'm sat on the sofa with iPad on my lap (such as right now) that the Logitech is perfectly comfortable and I don't have half of the screen taken up by a keyboard, a keyboard that's not even capable of showing the letters and numbers at the same time!!!

I hear ya. I may need to go to Best Buy later on and check out the Logitech Keyboard. A good deal of members really like it so it's worth a look. Anyway, Happy New Year to you and your family...

G.4

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for posting. I've been on the fence about this setup myself. I absolutely want a physical keyboard, but I don't need it all the time so I have been kind of back and forth about whether a keyboard case is really the answer. Lately I've been leaning more towards a Bluetooth keyboard paired with my current case (a knock-off of the iPad Air leather smart case from Apple). This way I feel like when I need a keyboard I tote it along, when I don't I leave it at home. Either way the iPad stays in the same case. Problem is, there really isn't a lot to choose from in the portable Bluetooth keyboard department nowadays. It's like there's no market for them or something. Even a simple YouTube search will only turn up reviews from 3 years ago. What gives with that? Am I in the minority on this?

itsnotmeitsyou

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
I hear ya. I may need to go to Best Buy later on and check out the Logitech Keyboard. A good deal of members really like it so it's worth a look. Anyway, Happy New Year to you and your family...

You just missed Best Buy's sale on it. I picked up my Logitech Create 9.7 for $99 over the weekend. I absolutely love the thing. It has that high-quality feel when typing, like you get from the Apple keyboards on a Mac. I absolutely recommend this thing to anyone who is even somewhat interested in a keyboard case. The shortcuts are also extremely useful. The only downside is it's fairly bulky and almost impossible to use in portrait mode (comfortably).

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You just missed Best Buy's sale on it. I picked up my Logitech Create 9.7 for $99 over the weekend. I absolutely love the thing. It has that high-quality feel when typing, like you get from the Apple keyboards on a Mac. I absolutely recommend this thing to anyone who is even somewhat interested in a keyboard case. The shortcuts are also extremely useful. The only downside is it's fairly bulky and almost impossible to use in portrait mode (comfortably).

Excellent, and thank you for letting me know. I appreciate it...??????