Finally got my new iPad Pro 9.7!!!

wnick99

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
28035381024_4d36ff8f22_z.jpg
28620048566_3bf0898561_z.jpg

Just got my new toy yesterday, and I'm loving it so far!! And I'm so glad I decided to go with a cellular model as opposed to the wi-fi only model. This is my fourth iPad (previously owned first gen iPad, third gen iPad, and second gen iPad mini) in the 6 years that it's been on the market, and this is probably the best iPad I've owned yet!! I'm so happy!! :)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8807/28035381024_4d36ff8f22_z.jpghttps://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7751/28620048566_3bf0898561_z.jpg

Just got my new toy yesterday, and I'm loving it so far!! And I'm so glad I decided to go with a cellular model as opposed to the wi-fi only model. This is my fourth iPad (previously owned first gen iPad, third gen iPad, and second gen iPad mini) in the 6 years that it's been on the market, and this is probably the best iPad I've owned yet!! I'm so happy!! :)

Outstanding!, and congratulations on get your new baby Pro. Like you, I'm so glad I purchased mine when I did. That thing is a beast!...

wnick99

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Outstanding!, and congratulations on get your new baby Pro. Like you, I'm so glad I purchased mine when I did. That thing is a beast!...

I know right! I've enjoyed having an iPad mini for the last 3 years, but I was glad to go back to a normal sized screen. :)

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I added a 128 GB cellular 9.7 Pro to my collection today. Since I get 15% off on anything I purchase from the Apple Store, it's hard to say no sometimes. Since my 12.9 Pro is wifi only, I'll likely sell that.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I added a 128 GB cellular 9.7 Pro to my collection today. Since I get 15% off on anything I purchase from the Apple Store, it's hard to say no sometimes. Since my 12.9 Pro is wifi only, I'll likely sell that.

IF you don't mind me asking, how do you get 15% off?

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I got the 9.7 cellular + wifi 256 GB. It's mine main computer, I've done away with my old MacBook Air. I'm currently camping in an area with really bad connection and it loads way faster than my old Air 2. Best tablet ever, everything is faster, sleeker, smoother, the pen feels completely natural, even my battery life is better. Best iPad ever.

wnick99

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I got the 9.7 cellular + wifi 256 GB. It's mine main computer, I've done away with my old MacBook Air. I'm currently camping in an area with really bad connection and it loads way faster than my old Air 2. Best tablet ever, everything is faster, sleeker, smoother, the pen feels completely natural, even my battery life is better. Best iPad ever.

You're so right! Everything is faster, sleeker, and smoother. I never had the iPad Air 2, but I will say that my new iPad Pro 9.7 is miles - maybe even lightyears - ahead of the old iPads that I owned. I don't have the Apple Pencil yet, but I will in a couple of weeks. Virtual high five!! ✋

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

In the 2 days I've had mine, I've been very disappointed in battery life. I have the Air 2 and the Pro 12.9 and they have much better battery life. Apple claims battery is suppose to be the same across the board on all current selling iPads. I'm just not buying it on the 9.7 Pro.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
In the 2 days I've had mine, I've been very disappointed in battery life. I have the Air 2 and the Pro 12.9 and they have much better battery life. Apple claims battery is suppose to be the same across the board on all current selling iPads. I'm just not buying it on the 9.7 Pro.

To my post earlier about battery life, here was a real life test battery test from the different iPads by Engadget. With that said, I think it was easy to notice the difference from my 12.9 Pro and Air 2.

fa1c93d84a6ae2c3968bb21d7e5fe410.png

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Other than the battery life not being what you expect, how do you like the baby pro overall?

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
My baby pro arrived today!! Lol haven't gotten a case, keyboard nor screen protector on it but I did load her up with iOS 10! Unlike most I decided to actually go for the 32gb because I know how I am with storage. Lol I used my iPad 2 with 16gb and never really had a storage issue.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Other than the battery life not being what you expect, how do you like the baby pro overall?

I like it. I needed cellular again and my big Pro wasn't. It's too irritating having to tether to phone all the time when out. Just not practical. So I figured I'd try the smaller pro since its more portable.

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I got my iPad Pro 9.7 on Thursday. It replaced my iPad Air 2. So far it is a real nice upgrade. The only problem I had is I bought it through ATT to save $140, 2 year contract, but ATT forgot to include the SIM. So I went to my local ATT store and got a SIM. The guy there was very helpful.

When I got home I called ATT and told them I wanted my $45 activation fee waived because of their screwup. It was waived. Now I'm very happy.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
So, I've had my baby pro for a month now, and... I REALLY FREAKING LOVE IT!!!
I also love that I decided to keep the screen naked and only use the minimalist Apple Smart Cover: The screen is incredibly sensitive and responsive, it's a real joy to use.
*iz happy* :D

wnick99

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
So, I've had my baby pro for a month now, and... I REALLY FREAKING LOVE IT!!!
I also love that I decided to keep the screen naked and only use the minimalist Apple Smart Cover: The screen is incredibly sensitive and responsive, it's a real joy to use.
*iz happy* :D

That's awesome! Glad you're still enjoying your baby pro! :)

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Yep. I'm on it now since it is now my main computer, I'm currently in the Sierra foothills with no wifi and a very temperamental cellular connection and it works like a dream.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh