IPad Pro 9.7 unsolicited reboot

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
My iPad Pro 9.7 auto reboot unsolicited about once every 2 days.
Suddenly I got black screen with the apple for about 15 sec and then when it come back I do not have to enter my access code.
And if I was writing something I don't lose it after the reboot.
So it's not a full reboot.
It seem to occur when I press the home button to exit an app.

Anybody have that problem ?

Now at iOS 9.3.3 wifi 128Gb but does it before with any iOS 9.?.?.
Never was on iOS lower then 9.

Dave Marsh

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I've also noted that my iPad Pro 9.7" spontaneously reboots every day or so. These reboots typically only take 10 seconds or so. I've assumed there was something in my old iPad Air backup I used to transfer its data to my new iPad Pro 9.7" that was causing the issue, but I didn't want to rebuild it from scratch, so I've dealt with it. My spouse's iPad Pro 12.9" doesn't exhibit this behavior. Did you transfer your data to your new iPad from a backup, or did you set it up as a new device when you first took it out of the box? I have noted that the reboots seem to always occur when Safari's services are being used, either in the Safari app, or in web access from a third party app.

Thanks for the post, I've just assumed it was my old data. Good to know that others have experiences this anomaly. My iPad Pro 9.7" has ALWAYS exhibited this behavior. Currently, I'm running iOS 9.3.3.

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Yes I set it up as a new device !
Like you said good to know we are not alone.
Cause I was wondering that I just got a bad device.

Hopefully Apple will solve this in a future update !

Beside that I love my iPad Pro 9.7 and much more with ios 10 in a few months !

I already got iOS 10 on my iPhone and watchOS 3 on my Apple Watch and love it very much !

Dave Marsh

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
I see you're running the latest betas in your iPhone and Watch. Have you considered installing it on your iPad to see if that fixes this issue?

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
No cause my iPad is my main device.
I did run iOS 9 with the public beta last year and I regretted it a lot...
Many of my important apps did not work and I could not close off my iPad because in the first 2 or 3 beta it would take me 20 to 30 min to been able to reopen it... It get stuck on the white Apple.

If I do load iOS 10 beta on my iPad I will wait for something like the 5 or 6 beta...

But surely there member in imore forum that are running 10 on there iPad Pro 9.7 ?
Please take the time to told us if you see that auto reboot bug...

Last edited:

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I've also noted that my iPad Pro 9.7" spontaneously reboots every day or so. These reboots typically only take 10 seconds or so. I've assumed there was something in my old iPad Air backup I used to transfer its data to my new iPad Pro 9.7" that was causing the issue, but I didn't want to rebuild it from scratch, so I've dealt with it. My spouse's iPad Pro 12.9" doesn't exhibit this behavior. Did you transfer your data to your new iPad from a backup, or did you set it up as a new device when you first took it out of the box? I have noted that the reboots seem to always occur when Safari's services are being used, either in the Safari app, or in web access from a third party app.

Thanks for the post, I've just assumed it was my old data. Good to know that others have experiences this anomaly. My iPad Pro 9.7" has ALWAYS exhibited this behavior. Currently, I'm running iOS 9.3.3.

Dave,
I think you're wright about safari being the possible source of this bug. The last 2 times it happen I was quitting or opening safari app...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've been running the latest beta on my pro 9.7 since it became available and I've had no rebooting issues.

Thankfully, I've not yet experienced any reboots since I've had my iPad Pro, however, I may have had a couple of re-springs with iOS 10 but heck, it was probably with beta 1 some time ago.

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Since I'm on iOS 9.3.3 I still get that bug but only one time since the upgrade. Still seam to point to safari problem...

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
When I bought me iPad, I went directly to iOS 10. But due to the dock issue that is driving me bonkers, I downgraded yesterday to 9.3.4. Now just experienced one of these reboots. No Bueno.

Frost Forged

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I had experienced these on 9.3 but since I installed Public Beta 5 - few days ago I haven't had any springboard crashes.

I know it's just the animations but holy crap does iOS 10 feel snappy. Really impressed so far.

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Well i got a bad reboot a few hours after my last post...
Still pointing at a Safari bug...

Well at least I got those reboot once every 2 weeks so it better than every 2 day's !

Hope iOS 10 will kill that bug !

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Well i got a bad reboot a few hours after my last post...
Still pointing at a Safari bug...

Well at least I got those reboot once every 2 weeks so it better than every 2 day's !

Hope iOS 10 will kill that bug !

I've never had the reboot issue on iOS 10. I only got them on iOS 9.3.x

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods