Are there any other apps that are made more functional with the  pencil?

CrackOne

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I am trying to decide on whether I should get the pencil. I have no real ability to draw, so I will not be drawing anything of any significance. Are there any other apps that are made more functional or easy to use with a pencil?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you're referring to the Pencil, then I recommend you spend your money on a less expensive stylus. I purchased the iPad Pro, the  Smart Keyboard and the  Pencil, and I've stated on several occasions that the Pencil is the one item I should not have purchased. Don't get me wrong, it's deserving of it accolades, but for someone like me who is not an artist, all it is to me is a stylus and that's exactly how I use it. Furthermore, I can only use it with the iPad Pro so I'm limited to what device I can use it with, and that's why I recommend you purchase a less expensive and traditional stylus that can be used with numerous devices.

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
I would agree 100% with Just_me_D, I use it from time to time, mainly to annotate pdf or sign something. The use case for me doesn't stack up, if I were more inclined to draw that would be another story.

The other challenge I now have is my 4YO, who we restrict her screen time to a minimum now just wants to draw on Dads iPad, something that she can do more simply and actually better on real paper with crayons and pencils, so whilst I like that she is engaging with tech for creative stuff (not games), it's a high cost.