12.9 iPad pro batter charging

yoshimiya08

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
I just got my iPad pro 12.9 and while charging it it fluctuates between 14%-16% then back to 14% is that normal? I thought id let it charge and not use it for a while. Thanks any help is appreciated.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't have the 12.9" iPad Pro, but I doubt that the fluctuation you mentioned is normal while charging, but I can't say for certain. If it were me, I'd make a Genius Bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store to have them check it out. Having said that, did the iPad charge to full capacity when you left it alone to charge?

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I have seen my 12.9 battery fluctuate when charging. It appears the stock charger doesn't do well when the iPad is on and in use. It barely charges and heavy activities actually drain the battery while charging. The USB C Charger and USB C to lightening cable do solve this problem.

yoshimiya08

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
I don't have the 12.9" iPad Pro, but I doubt that the fluctuation you mentioned is normal while charging, but I can't say for certain. If it were me, I'd make a Genius Bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store to have them check it out. Having said that, did the iPad charge to full capacity when you left it alone to charge?

It charges fine now thankfullly

yoshimiya08

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
I have seen my 12.9 battery fluctuate when charging. It appears the stock charger doesn't do well when the iPad is on and in use. It barely charges and heavy activities actually drain the battery while charging. The USB C Charger and USB C to lightening cable do solve this problem.

Ok thanks ill look into those

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Unless you have something that it taking a small amount if battery life. Like applications that arehaccessing your locatibackgrohe background when not in use.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2