New iPP 12.9 user...suggestions

Byrese

May 7, 2016
Visit site
Hello all. I've been away from Apple products for about 4yes now. Recently I've swapped my SP3 for the big IPP (it should come tomorrow). I was interested to get your advice on any things in particular I should look out for. What tips or suggestions (links please) or even apps would you recommend? FYI...I also have the keyboard and the pencil. So I plan to use it mainly for productivity but also consumption.

Any yes I know how to use an ipad (had an ipad 2 or 3 years ago though I can't remember which).

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Since you'll primarily be using it for "productivity", download the same productivity apps you were using on your previous device. I have the 9.7" iPad Pro and I use the following apps with it:

Evernote
Dropbox
Notability
Slack
IMore Forums
Trellis
Reeder
Microsoft Word
iWorks
Scannable
B of A

And others

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to iMore!

My biggest recommendation for a Password Manager would be [URL="https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/1password-password-manager/id568903335?mt=8&at=10l3Vy]1Password[/URL]. Great password manager that can be synced with all devices.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Definitely, get the 1Password app or any of the other password manager apps listed in the App Store.

rdmartin1

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
If you used your Surface Pen the Apple Pencil will take some time for you to accept. It is lackluster in every way. It's really long, no buttons for eraser, sometimes it has a slight lag and the charging system is moronic at best.

anon(66956)

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
It is true that the Apple Pencil is a different experience than a Surface Pro pen. Some of the shortcomings have been articulated. That said, the Apple Pencil lays down ink much better than the Surface Pro pen to me. I write better using the Apple Pencil than the Surface pro pen.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It is true that the Apple Pencil is a different experience than a Surface Pro pen. Some of the shortcomings have been articulated. That said, the Apple Pencil lays down ink much better than the Surface Pro pen to me. I write better using the Apple Pencil than the Surface pro pen.

Didn't you just answer your own question?

Byrese

May 7, 2016
Visit site
Update. Used this thing for a couple of days but is not gonna work out. For me...it's not an ideal laptop replacement. Getting a SP4 instead. Great device for consumption though

rdmartin1

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
Update. Used this thing for a couple of days but is not gonna work out. For me...it's not an ideal laptop replacement. Getting a SP4 instead. Great device for consumption though

Best device hands down. I have a SP3 that does everything. No limits. An added perk if you're an artist Microsofts Surface Pen is worlds better than the Apple Pencil.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2