How do you send email to a distribution list on IOS?

metreece

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I hear people saying that they no longer use a Mac after getting the IPad Pro. My question is How do you send email to a distribution list on IOS? I always have to go to Mac OS to send email to a list of people. I don't see how folks can abandon Mac OS in favor of using IOS on an iPad Pro.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: Moving to iPad Pro to replace a MacBook Pro

Creating distribution lists in iOS can be done but it involves a little creativity. I've tried it in the past and it works. Editing members is a pain in the rear though. Follow the link for instructions.
How to Create a Contact Distribution List on an iPhone | Chron.com

As far as abandoning the Mac in favor of the iPad Pro, I'm in the same boat as you. Nothing against the iPad Pro--it's a beautiful device--but I'm just not ready to divorce the traditional file system quite yet.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site

Creating distribution lists in iOS can be done but it involves a little creativity. I've tried it in the past and it works. Editing members is a pain in the rear though. Follow the link for instructions.
How to Create a Contact Distribution List on an iPhone | Chron.com

As far as abandoning the Mac in favor of the iPad Pro, I'm in the same boat as you. Nothing against the iPad Pro--it's a beautiful device--but I'm just not ready to divorce the traditional file system quite yet.

Same here. I have both and intend to keep both. I have different use cases for each and am not ready to permanently rid myself of the MBP. If the iPad was more full featured like the surface pro, I would consider it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I hear people saying that they no longer use a Mac after getting the IPad Pro. My question is How do you send email to a distribution list on IOS? I always have to go to Mac OS to send email to a list of people. I don't see how folks can abandon Mac OS in favor of using IOS on an iPad Pro.

People aren't necessarily abandoning the use of Macs. Many of them have simply discovered that a majority of the things they typically do on a Mac can be done using an iPad. I purchased my 9.7" iPad Pro as a replacement for my aging MacBook, and for the majority of the things I do online, I can do with my iPhone or my iPad Pro AND the associated Apple Smart Keyboard. In my opinion, the Smart Keyboard makes all the difference. Having said that, there are a few occasions where the use of my MacBook is preferred.

Elim

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site

I hear people saying that they no longer use a Mac after getting the IPad Pro.
I am none of them. My older iPad already replace many stuff I did before with a Mac or PC. The iPad Pro didn't add much to this list. But I still use my Mac.
But I also think that Apple is right, that for many people a iPad can replace their pc's (or macs) but this was also right before the Pro already.
I bought the pro mostly as drawing board and not as mac replacement and for better media consumption and for both it works very well.

metreece

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site

I've set up a distribution list according to the article but it doesn't always work. Most of the time when I create a message and choose the distribution list name, it only sends the email to the first name. What am I doing wrong?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2