Should I buy the iPad Pro 12 inch?

I

iMore Question

Should I buy the ipad Pro 12 inch

Hi, I'm more than happy to spend the money on the ipad Pro 12 inch but not if it's a waste of money. I have the ipad Air which I do love but thought that the ipad Pro 12 inch would be even better for steaming, watching tv shows, movies etc. No review covers this type of question they only talk about using the pro as perhaps a replacement for the pc or if you are creative and like to draw. I hope someone out there can help me decide:.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Should I buy the ipad Pro 12 inch

Being that it has the bigger screen, more people, in my opinion, would find it better for movie watching than on the 9.7" iPad Pro and therefore, if that's your focus then go ahead and get the larger iPad Pro model.

emanwis

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
I upgraded from an iPad Air a few weeks ago. While my reasoning was mostly for the Apple Pencil and note taking/productivity features, I can attest that watching Netflix and YouTube videos is much better. I can't tell you whether or not you'd think it was a waste of money, but I'm very happy and have no buyer's remorse!

Elim

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
When it's about watching movies then the pro is a big improvement comparing to the air. Not only the bigger screen but also the much better speakers... in landscape you will now have stereo sound. For me the expierience is now more like watching on a big flatscreen and not like watching on a tablet. Before, with my air, I always watch a movie on the tv in the living when I had the choice, now, I do this only when I want to watch with someone together.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
For the things you listed, the Pro 12 inch is definitely an improvement. The upgraded speakers and larger screen really do make watching media a joy. Much better over the Air. I don't think you'd find it a waste of money.

ftlum

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site

12.9 is great for videos. The only slight downside is that videos< 720p don't look good blown up. For those, I watch them in the browser and control how big the picture is via the browser's zooming controls.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site

I watch videos on mine while running on the treadmill and use it to stream other workout videos. A bit heavier than I like for other things but I certainly appreciate the screen real estate.

tech_fan

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site

I bought both and evaluated both. I use mine for most of the same reasons in addition to screencasting. In the end the larger iPad won. It was a little to big at first but after using it for a week it's better. The 9.7 felt too much like my iPad 2.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

I upgraded from the Air 2 just today and I can tell you that it is worth the money IMO.
It is not a laptop replacement for sure, but it is a perfect companion to go along with your laptop.
It is portable, light, great at multitasking and media consumption. Oh.. And I love taking notes with the Apple Pencil..

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods