iPad Pro 9.7 or 12.9 For Drawing

Fachasaurus

Apr 17, 2016
Visit site
So I have never had an iPad and I figured this is a pretty good time to jump in since I really want to get into digital art and the iPad beyond that is a useful tool since I only have an iPhone 6S Plus and my Windows desktop - all the nifty things an iPad can do in between would be really nice. My struggle here is I am not sure which one to pick up necessarily. And since at the moment the price difference at Best Buy is just 100 dollars I am not sure which one I am leaning towards.

I can say that that probably 50 percent of the time I will want to use the iPad Pro drawing with the Pencil. The rest of it will be used to browse on the couch, FaceTime with family, and at least once or twice a month take it on airplane to travel with.

Knowing that breakdown, the iPad Pro 9.7 seems to fit the perfect portability factor and using it every day and for traveling. But then the other drawing half might lend more to the 12.9 since its got more real estate. I guess my question comes down to the comfort and ease of drawing on the 9.7 for a long time and how well it works and/or how unwieldy the 12.9 is on an every day couch to airplane use. Also, does the 12.9 iPad have enough apps that are updated for its larger resolution or is it going to be scaled? Because I imagine the 9.7 should work flawlessly with most if not all iPad apps at this point.

Anyone have experience with both or advice for me? Would really appreciate it!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Based on what you've posted, I think the 12.9" iPad Pro would be best suited for you.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Go big. I think you'll get used to the size of the 12.9 and you'll find a way to use/hold it that is most comfortable for you. There are also cases that make it easier to prop up. But if the 9.7 doesn't have enough screen space to satisfy your drawing needs, you won't get used to that.

Just my opinion.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2