Went in to buy the 9.7", walked out with the 12.9"

runner7395

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Went in to the Apple store to get upgrade my wife's iPad Air a couple days ago. We played around with the new iPad Pro but just couldn't see a big enough difference to justify spending the money for the upgrade. Then, only because it was right next to it we played with the larger pro. The same one I have made fun of since it came out. After a few minutes we both ended up liking it. She only uses it for media consumption, watching movies, Netflix etc. Sooooooo, we walked out with not one, but TWO of them. I ended up getting one for myself too! Only had it for 3 days so far but I'm really enjoying it. Amazing how quickly I went from making fun of something to buying 2 of them.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
It really is a great device. There are some things I'd like to see Apple implement but for the most part it has replaced my laptop. I haven't touched it since I got the Pro. I use my for personal (media consumption) as well as school.

Enjoy!

beeray

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Basically the same thing happened to me. I wanted the smaller iPad and my son convinced me to try the larger one. I am happy to say, my son was right.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
The 12.9" is a great device, for sure, but don't say there isn't an huge difference from an iPad Air to the new Pro 9.7", because it's just not true.

The iPad Pro 9.7" couldn't be a tremendous upgrade for an Air 2 owner, but it's night and day from the old Air....

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Went in to the Apple store to get upgrade my wife's iPad Air a couple days ago. We played around with the new iPad Pro but just couldn't see a big enough difference to justify spending the money for the upgrade. Then, only because it was right next to it we played with the larger pro. The same one I have made fun of since it came out. After a few minutes we both ended up liking it. She only uses it for media consumption, watching movies, Netflix etc. Sooooooo, we walked out with not one, but TWO of them. I ended up getting one for myself too! Only had it for 3 days so far but I'm really enjoying it. Amazing how quickly I went from making fun of something to buying 2 of them.

I made fun of the original iPad when it first came out. Thought it looked sleek and sexy and all but didn't understand use cases for it. I remember taking a joke pic with it on my ear when I was testing one for work. Now I love my iPad and use it more than my MBP.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Congratulations on getting your new iPad. Enjoy it...

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I made fun of the original iPad when it first came out. Thought it looked sleek and sexy and all but didn't understand use cases for it. I remember taking a joke pic with it on my ear when I was testing one for work. Now I love my iPad and use it more than my MBP.
Yep. I always said: good product but not for me.
Having played with it for a couple of hours I would say: great product but too expensive for me :)

Robster33

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
The 12.9" is a great device, for sure, but don't say there isn't an huge difference from an iPad Air to the new Pro 9.7", because it's just not true.

The iPad Pro 9.7" couldn't be a tremendous upgrade for an Air 2 owner, but it's night and day from the old Air....

Really? the air 2 has terrible vibrating speakers, screen distortion and lots had bad light bleed so i would say it would be a good upgrade if you are after a 9'7". I had all those problems sold it and got the 12.9" and its the best iPad i have had, and i have had them all.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Really? the air 2 has terrible vibrating speakers, screen distortion and lots had bad light bleed so i would say it would be a good upgrade if you are after a 9'7". I had all those problems sold it and got the 12.9" and its the best iPad i have had, and i have had them all.

I haven't seen any screen distortion or light bleeding on any Air 2 I used, so I still consider the iPad Air 2 as a great product (especially at a discounted price).
The iPad Pro 12.9" is almost flawless, but it's a little too big for some users.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I haven't seen any screen distortion or light bleeding on any Air 2 I used, so I still consider the iPad Air 2 as a great product (especially at a discounted price).
The iPad Pro 12.9" is almost flawless, but it's a little too big for some users.

'Nuf said...

Robster33

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site

Well i had 2 and they both had it, terrible vibrating speakers too, hardware wise worst iPad yet.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Well i had 2 and they both had it, terrible vibrating speakers too, hardware wise worst iPad yet.

You just got two lemons then....

Speakers vibrate by nature, otherwise they couldn't work. You are just speaking about a light and thin rear case resonating. That's not a defect, since sound doesn't distort in any way.

Elim

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
Amazing how quickly I went from making fun of something to buying 2 of them.
lol, I did the same.
I wanted the pencil but not such a big tablet. I mean, who need sooo a big tablet? So I wait until the 9.7" came out.
But when I search where to buy one, I found an offer for the 12.9 for mostly the same price. So, I went into a shop, already knowing that It will be to big, to heavy and now I have one.
And what happened afterwards? When I now take my air, I am suprised how small it is, so small, to small... :rotfl:

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods