Official 'I've ordered a 9.7-inch iPad Pro' thread!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've just returned home from the Apple Store with my new pink (cough cough), I mean rose gold 9.7" iPad Pro that I purchased about 2 hours ago via the Apple Store app on my iPhone. None of the smart keyboards for it were in stock so I'll have to get that later.

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I just bought a 9.7 iPad Pro in Space Gray. This is the first time I've bought a cellular capable iPad. It's 128 gb. I got the pencil too! I don't have a case for it yet though so I'll probably keep using my Air 2 until the case comes (ordered one from Target).

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I just bought a 9.7 iPad Pro in Space Gray. This is the first time I've bought a cellular capable iPad. It's 128 gb. I got the pencil too! I don't have a case for it yet though so I'll probably keep using my Air 2 until the case comes (ordered one from Target).

Very nice......I played around with the Apple Pencil for a bit while waiting on the genius to bring me my iPad Pro, and although it is a wonderful item, I don't see it being something I would use on a daily basis. I'm sure I'll get it eventually, but I'm not in a rush at this point.

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Stumbling is not falling - Malcolm X

I haven't ordered a 9.7 iPad Pro yet - waiting until I have sufficient funds to do so... However, I also have chosen to go the engraving route with previous iPads that I have purchased:

'Do or Do Not. There Is No Try.' - Yoda

...A sentiment that reminds me in part on why I purchased the iPad in the first place, and what I hope get out of using it...

Paradocks

May 5, 2012
Visit site
My roomy and I spent the better part of last night setting up both iPads. For me it was a simple backup and restore from my old iPad 3. For him, it was setting up a brand new Apple ID account. All he wanted to do was turn it on and play with it, however Apple in its infinite wisdom made him go through screen after screen of setup questions and validation (the fingerprint setup annoyed him no end - "Why do I have to keep touching the damn sensor!"). But once his iPad was set up he kept on ooohhhing and aaahhhing at the speed, display clarity and number of apps in the App store.

We are both happy with the iPad Pro.

donawalt

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
For him, it was setting up a brand new Apple ID account. All he wanted to do was turn it on and play with it, however Apple in its infinite wisdom made him go through screen after screen of setup questions and validation (the fingerprint setup annoyed him no end - "Why do I have to keep touching the damn sensor!").

As an FYI, you really don't have to set up anything - you do have to pick a WiFi network as far as I can tell, but you can skip Touch ID, Apple ID/iCloud, passcode, cellular, and Siri. I just tried it with my old Air 2 which was totally reset, I set it up in a vanilla mode in less than a minute. Of course all those things skipped can be entered later through settings, and it may not be intuitive to tell that this is possible! But it is super easy to get it in a vanilla state to just check something, I do it frequently.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, I went ahead and purchased the Pencil since I can't track down a Smart Keyboard locally. I've just been using it as a stylus thus far, but it's proving to be quite handy. Still, it is not a necessity for me, but it's a keeper...:)

GeoK

May 29, 2013
Visit site
I broke the bank and purchased the iPad Pro 9.7 inch with 256GB of memory and LTE; I ordered the keyboard and pen, and AppleCare+, all at the same time.

I must be outta my mind.
Pen came first...then the keyboard and iPad pro on same day, march 31st.
Now a case.
A leather one to protect the back. if it works with the Apple keyboard good, if not I'll sell the keyboard. I don't think I'll type enough on it in the long run.

Whose got an idea on cases?

Wallace

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
I just walked in to the Apple Store in Manchester and got a 9.7" 32GB Silver no problems.

I am upgrading from the iPad Air 1.

So far I am very pleased, more responsive. I'm loving the TouchID, the sound and Truetone display are superb.

GeoK

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi Wallace. I noticed one thing. Going from a iPad 1 to the pro. There is some screen difference (realestate difference). The pro like the Air 2 has a bit thinner width com pared to previous models. How is that for you?

Wallace

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Going from the Air 1 to the Pro (9.7") I honestly haven't noticed any difference in the screen size or bezel. To be honest, I always thought the screen on the Air 1 was too thin. It almost sounded hollow if you tapped it, and certainly flexed a bit under slight pressure. The Pro's screen, however, is truly gorgeous. Colours are vibrant, and I do love TrueTone. But, as I say, I haven't noticed any difference in screen size 'realestate'.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I just walked in to the Apple Store in Manchester and got a 9.7" 32GB Silver no problems.

I am upgrading from the iPad Air 1.

So far I am very pleased, more responsive. I'm loving the TouchID, the sound and Truetone display are superb.

Yeah, getting the iPad Pro and the Pencil is a breeze, but finding the Smart Keyboard for it is proving to be quite difficult, thus far...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234