Fastest way to get iPad Pro 9.7?

mark2741

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
I'm assuming that pre-ordering on the website tomorrow and then picking up in an Apple Store on the 31st is the fastest way to get the new iPad Pro but wondering if in the past Best Buy or other stores also have them the same day?

This will be my first iPad. Wanted the 12" Pro but too pricey and too big and was going to get an Air but expected/hoped Apple would enable the Pencil for a smaller iPad and they did! But I'd prefer to purchase from Best Buy as the return policy will enable me to return it if I decide that I really don't use the pencil as much as I expect to. But...I don't want to wait : )

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Best buy still says coming soon on the website- Not sure what they will have on launch day- That being said I believe apple has a 14 day return policy so if you don't like it (imagine that..) they will take it back.

mark2741

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
Thanks - I just read Apple's return policy and it has changed since I last bought something from their store. I purchased a Mac Mini years ago and tried to return it but they were charging a restocking fee back then. I will pre-order from them tomorrow!

Derek Kessler

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
Apple is usually really tight about release dates for these things — it'll be the 31st no matter the store.

That said... Sometimes ordering online and having it shipped to you will result in an arrival a day or two (or three) early. No promises on that, but at the very least you're 99.9% likely to get it on launch day without having to brave the crowds.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Fastest way? Probably by pre-ordering. As for me, I'll walk into the nearest Apple Store sometime next week or next weekend and buy it. At least that's the plan...

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
For previous products I've had the "walk into the Apple store" approach, sadly it's often resulted in me leaving the store empty handed and without a clear way to get the product in question.

Problem is now we don't know of any supply limitations that Apple will have, so if it's important that you get it as soon as possible, place and order and find one in retail somewhere (that doesn't have a re-stocking fee) & return one of them.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
For previous products I've had the "walk into the Apple store" approach, sadly it's often resulted in me leaving the store empty handed and without a clear way to get the product in question.

Problem is now we don't know of any supply limitations that Apple will have, so if it's important that you get it as soon as possible, place and order and find one in retail somewhere (that doesn't have a re-stocking fee) & return one of them.

Luckily, that has not been my experience, but then again, I'm usually not in a hurry to get devices on launch day........If the iPad Pro 9.7 shipping day is March 31st (Thursday) then I'll check Friday night or sometime Saturday. If unavailable, not a problem. I'll check again a few days later.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner