I've got the new 9.7-inch iPad Pro! AMA!

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
I'm holding a brand-new 9.7-inch iPad Pro with Pencil and Smart Keyboard in my hands. If you've got questions, throw them my way.

So far, so great!

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Awesome Rene!!! Even though its smaller, does it fit well with the Smart Keyboard?

It's a smaller smart keyboard, so yes it does. It's not quite as easy to type on as the full-size iPad Pro keyboard, but it's not bad at all! I'll give it a day or so to see how I feel!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If the iPad Pro is arguably the future of Apple computing, should Apple make a version of iTunes for it similar to that of OS X? I mean, I'm one of those people who still make iTunes backups as well as use iTunes to restore my iPhones from time to time. How will I be able to fully get away from the Mac/MacBook if I'm unable to do those things? Know what I mean?

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
If the iPad Pro is arguably the future of Apple computing, should Apple make a version of iTunes for it similar to that of OS X? I mean, I'm one of those people who still make iTunes backups as well as use iTunes to restore my iPhones from time to time. How will I be able to fully get away from the Mac/MacBook if I'm unable to do those things? Know what I mean?

Xcode maybe? :)

austriak

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Putting the pencil and keyboard stuff to the side, how is the overall performance compared to the Air 2? Can you tell a difference?

Also, how much better does the screen seem compared to the Air 2?

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Not sure you could put that stuff to the side- unless the extra speakers are important to you... For me the pencil is the driving force to get that over the air 2-

Putting the pencil and keyboard stuff to the side, how is the overall performance compared to the Air 2? Can you tell a difference?

Also, how much better does the screen seem compared to the Air 2?

austriak

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Not sure you could put that stuff to the side- unless the extra speakers are important to you... For me the pencil is the driving force to get that over the air 2-

I don't care about the pencil and keyboard. I care about the screen and performance.

austriak

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I've thought about getting the Air 2. 16gb is too small but I could live with 32gb. The Air 2 64gb is $499 and the ipad pro 32gb is $599. With only a difference of $100, I might go with the pro for the screen and performance.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I've thought about getting the Air 2. 16gb is too small but I could live with 32gb. The Air 2 64gb is $499 and the ipad pro 32gb is $599. With only a difference of $100, I might go with the pro for the screen and performance.

You can get a 64 gig refurbished air 2 from Apple outlet online for $419

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR