Will you sell your 12.9 iPad Pro in favor of the 9.7 instead?

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Here's an interesting thought... I wonder how many users of the original iPad Pro (12.9-inch) will sell or return their Pro in favor of the smaller 9.7-inch model? Or heck, keep the 12.9 and buy a 9.7 on top!? :)

Wondering what everyone else thinks (especially existing users!!).

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I might. I am still not totally in love with my 12.9 pro. It doesn't fit all my use cases. Not totally sure yet.

jdlnmia

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Yes. Selling mine. The extra screen real estate is not worth the weight increase. Also, charging this thing is annoying due to the limitations of the Lightning connector max current... You cannot use the device while it is charging and expect the battery to top up.

Qdiddy09

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
No, it will become my laptop/stay at home iPad as the new little pro will be the new take it everywhere iPad.

I don't have a laptop currently so this works out perfect for my uses

ianeb

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
No way!! The screen on this thing is the reason I bought it, none of the 9.7" upgrades are worth the swap and the smaller screen would be a massive downgrade.

One thing I am annoyed at though is the amount of colourful cases the new iPad Pro has already, yet all the 12.9" gets is 2 colours in one style....

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
@All - The display on the 12.9 really is quite beautiful. Have had a few chances to play with it (and the pencil) - there's no denying the power of it, especially for creative professionals. Strap the keyboard to it, and you have a handy little solution as well.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't have the 12.9 inch iPad Pro, but I will be getting the 9.7 version very soon. Having said that, if I did have the bigger version, I highly doubt I'd sell it just to get the smaller one. For one, I'd be unwilling to give up the 4 GB of RAM.

adamjustice

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
No way, I am loving my 12.9 inch iPad Pro. I think the 9.7 may be a decent option for some people but I think it would be too small for all the things I do with the Pro today.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
No way, I am loving my 12.9 inch iPad Pro. I think the 9.7 may be a decent option for some people but I think it would be too small for all the things I do with the Pro today.
Yeah, once you've become adjusted to the bigger device, it would be difficult to compromise.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Can I ask, how long have you had it for and do you use it daily? What are your pros and cons for it?

Ha iPad pro since March 15th. The only thing that I can find wrong is there is one application that I want off my iPad 4 to be transferred to my iPad Pro. Itunes can not transfer the application because the application is not available in the app store anymore.

Other than that the iPad Pro has been quite groovy.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
No, it will become my laptop/stay at home iPad as the new little pro will be the new take it everywhere iPad.

I don't have a laptop currently so this works out perfect for my uses

Might I ask what the 12.9 Pro does that the 9.7 Pro won't do? As to why the 12.9 will be your "laptop"? I would love for the 12.9 to be my "laptop" rather than my "ipad" so I'm always interested in hearing how people are using it as such. In my mind the two are so closely similar that it doesn't seem to make sense to have both and I'm not aware of any major differences between the two that gives the 12.9 a huge leg up and qualifies it as a full fledged laptop.

ianeb

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
Might I ask what the 12.9 Pro does that the 9.7 Pro won't do? As to why the 12.9 will be your "laptop"? I would love for the 12.9 to be my "laptop" rather than my "ipad" so I'm always interested in hearing how people are using it as such. In my mind the two are so closely similar that it doesn't seem to make sense to have both and I'm not aware of any major differences between the two that gives the 12.9 a huge leg up and qualifies it as a full fledged laptop.

Portability id guess...

They're pretty similar in spec, biggest difference being the true tone display the 9.7 has and the 4GB ram the 12.9 has, oh and 3 extra inches of screen!!!

I bought mine before the announcement but I had a good idea the pro 9.7 was coming, I still picked the 12.9 and still would today! The screen is the difference, there's no other reason I would pick the 12.9, the ram isn't so big a deal really.

I think the 12.9 pro with a keyboard is more like a laptop in terms of size and use, the 9.7 has all the same features in a more portable package but quite a lot less screen so less productive maybe?

Qdiddy09

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site

For me I don't currently have a laptop as my PC laptop crapped out on me a few months ago. My thought process is that I can use the big pro as a laptop substitute with its bigger display and put it primarily on my desk with a keyboard and have the laptop like portability when needed to move it. I also like having an iPad that I take with me everywhere for work, media consumption, school etc on the go. The big pro is a bit more inconvenient in that aspect with its size. When I had an Air 2 (traded in to get big pro) it accomplished all those "on the go" tasks perfectly. Now with a little pro I can have the best of both worlds, even if only in my own little world of thinking lol

Hope that explained good enough

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal