Will you sell your 12.9 iPad Pro in favor of the 9.7 instead?

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
For me I don't currently have a laptop as my PC laptop crapped out on me a few months ago. My thought process is that I can use the big pro as a laptop substitute with its bigger display and put it primarily on my desk with a keyboard and have the laptop like portability when needed to move it. I also like having an iPad that I take with me everywhere for work, media consumption, school etc on the go. The big pro is a bit more inconvenient in that aspect with its size. When I had an Air 2 (traded in to get big pro) it accomplished all those "on the go" tasks perfectly. Now with a little pro I can have the best of both worlds, even if only in my own little world of thinking lol

Hope that explained good enough

Makes sense. I just got the 12.9. Should be here today. I'm hoping it will replace my need for a laptop completely. My needs may change down the line but for now I'm confident it will.

Qdiddy09

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
Makes sense. I just got the 12.9. Should be here today. I'm hoping it will replace my need for a laptop completely. My needs may change down the line but for now I'm confident it will.

Yea it does everything I need it to do as a laptop replacement, I mean I'm not a professional photographer or music editor or producer so for me the big pro vs a traditional laptop is an easy transition.

I'm sure you will find it suitable for most if not all your needs as its a very capable device

Jin-oh Choi

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
I've got mixed feeling I love the 12.9 screen. I use the iPad Pro as my primary device. The 9.7 features are great. Just not 100% sure I can go go back to a smaller screen. It's the same issue I have with iPhone 6S Plus. But I wish the features on the 9.7 were available for the 12.9.

ianeb

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
I've got mixed feeling I love the 12.9 screen. I use the iPad Pro as my primary device. The 9.7 features are great. Just not 100% sure I can go go back to a smaller screen. It's the same issue I have with iPhone 6S Plus. But I wish the features on the 9.7 were available for the 12.9.

What features are you referring to? The mildly useful true tone display? Less ram? Smaller screen? Or the better cameras?

Not sure about where you are but over here in the UK, people who use their iPads as cameras outside are often laughed at as it looks ridiculous! Why would anyone use an iPad camera to actively go out and take pictures? The camera is the only real upgrade I can see with the 9.7" iPad Pro, I'd happily have the new front facing camera but for the amount I use apps like FaceTime and Skype, it's not a bid deal.

IMO, the only thing people will really be choosing between these two iPads, is the screen. If you want the big screen "most" won't even consider the new 9.7.

Each to their own though, and there maybe people that do actively take their iPads out for photography!! Crazy

Jin-oh Choi

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
What features are you referring to? The mildly useful true tone display? Less ram? Smaller screen? Or the better cameras?

Not sure about where you are but over here in the UK, people who use their iPads as cameras outside are often laughed at as it looks ridiculous! Why would anyone use an iPad camera to actively go out and take pictures? The camera is the only real upgrade I can see with the 9.7" iPad Pro, I'd happily have the new front facing camera but for the amount I use apps like FaceTime and Skype, it's not a bid deal.

IMO, the only thing people will really be choosing between these two iPads, is the screen. If you want the big screen "most" won't even consider the new 9.7.

Each to their own though, and there maybe people that do actively take their iPads out for photography!! Crazy

It is primarily screen size, I'm in two minds after having the iPad Pro for a number of months. I do like the idea of the camera in the 9.7.

I do agree about your comment about taking photos on the iPad.

I guess I'm feeling like this. (http://theoatmeal.com/comics/apple) The same I feel after every Apple event.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
After playing with both the 12.9" and the 9.7" iPad Pros, there's no way I'd sell the 12.9 in lieu of the 9.7. Having said that, I did opt for the 9.7" iPad Pro, and love it, although a part of me is considering swapping it out for the larger version......We'll see.

iJuan

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I love my 12.9! I enjoy the larger screen, it works better for split screen apps, however I do miss the portability and lightness of my Air 2.
I don't think I will be getting the baby Pro anytime soon maybe in the future. I will stick to the12.9 Pro and hope the next version has 4K video recording and true tone display!

Robster33

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
I got my 12.0 pro 128gb LTE for $1350 AUD with 2gb data a month over 24 months, the same model 9.7 Apple is selling here for the same. So i won't be swapping, i wouldn't anyway i wanted a bigger screen, don't use a pencil or a keyboard.

yonghong

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I got my 12.0 pro 128gb LTE for $1350 AUD with 2gb data a month over 24 months, the same model 9.7 Apple is selling here for the same. So i won't be swapping, i wouldn't anyway i wanted a bigger screen, don't use a pencil or a keyboard.

How much do you pay your data per month?

kd7irm

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Traded out my iPad Pro 9.7 for a iPad Pro 12.9 yesterday. Happier with the screen size paired to the productivity of the pro, so far. Media consumption on the 12.9 is incredible. And yes the speakers on the pro 12.9 are louder and sound 100% better than the 9.7.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Traded out my iPad Pro 9.7 for a iPad Pro 12.9 yesterday. Happier with the screen size paired to the productivity of the pro, so far. Media consumption on the 12.9 is incredible. And yes the speakers on the pro 12.9 are louder and sound 100% better than the 9.7.

I considered it a good deal this past weekend, but opted to keep my 9.7" iPad Pro. I've grown accustomed to it and really enjoy using it. In fact, I just left the Verizon Store where I purchased a pre-paid SIM card for it that'll expire in 2 months. Anyway, congratulations on getting your 12.9" iPad Pro. Enjoy it...

Marc Jentzsch

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
The 13" fits my use cases too well. I want it for big color reference PDFs, comic reading, and on-the-go writing. The 9.7 keyboard is just too cramped for me. I don't want a true laptop (have one for work and find them soul-crushing) and I have a last gen Fire HDX 8.9 for my portable sized tablet. That's a long way of saying that I won't be giving up my 13" iPad and don't really see the need to replace my Fire with a smaller 9.7 Pro (smaller than the 13, not the Fire).

Frost Forged

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I love the 12.9" size so there is no way I'm going back to a 9.7" sure the true tone display is nice on the Baby Pro but I'm a sucker so I know I'm buying the upgraded 12.9" this fall.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73