Always on "hey Siri"

BrianFoose

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else think it's ridiculous that the12.9" iPad Pro which has the same A9x and M9 processor as the iPhone 6s and 9.7" iPad Pro but I don't get the always on hey Siri? What's with that?

It's not a hardware restriction. It's just stupid Apple decided to leave it out on purpose.

:mad:

Kieta

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, not sure why it always have to have power attached to have "Hey Siri" on. I can only assume it taxes th battery when always on for the iPad Pro.

BrianFoose

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
well the iPad pro 12.9" has the same M9 co-processor (which handles the always on hey siri) as the iPad pro 9.7" and iPhone 6s which use no more battery then those devices. so in shorts there is no good reason for it not to have the always hey siri functionality. it's a pretty **** poor decision by Apple if you ask me.

BrianFoose

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
iPad Pro both 12.9" and 9.7" and also all iPhone 6s all have the same M9 co-processor. M9 co-processor monitors the same data which including asways on Siri. That's why the iPad Pro 9.7" can use always on Siri. Which still doesn't explain why Apple not enabling the function on the 12.9" iPad Pro. It does not use more battery then any other devices equipped with the same M9 co-processor.

Again just frustrating that's all.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Lets be honest here...Apple doesn't always make the most customer friendly decisions. You know....like releasing the 256 GB iPad Pro 12.9 without any forewarning a mere 4 months after releasing the original. I mean when we are talking about a product anywhere between $800 and $1000 that doesn't offer expandable memory, that's a pretty big slap in the face to your customers.

So this decision is no surprise. But I'd imagine it's something that can be updated via a software update since there doesn't appear to be any hardware limitations. I know I'd enjoy that feature on my iPad Pro. I'd probably use it far more on that than I do on my iPhone.

iJuan

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
This pisses me off also. I think it's total BS that the baby Pro has Always on Siri but the 12.9 does not!!!!!!! WHAT THE HECK APPLE!!!!!
Maybe in a future update..

Trigati

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
This pisses me off also. I think it's total BS that the baby Pro has Always on Siri but the 12.9 does not!!!!!!! WHAT THE HECK APPLE!!!!!
Maybe in a future update..

12.9" iPad Pro 2. Where they add the adaptive screen and 2nd gen touch sensor as well (maybe, unless they want to save something for 12.9" iPad Pro 3).

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2