128GB iPad Pro vs 256GB iPad Pro - Which should I get?

Jimbo Davis

Feb 8, 2017
Visit site
Obviously, you've made your choice by now, but part of me is curious about what you decided, and what you think now after all this time.

As for me, I'm wrestling with this decision now as I prepare to take the plunge - alluding to the question about 128 GB vs. 256 GB. I'm leaning toward 256 GB because it's kind of a piece-of-mind thing, not to mention the tendency to use what we have. I'm getting the iPad primarily for the portability I'm going to need as our businesses flourish and demand on-site computing and transactions. Also, the travel may increase. Last, I'm finding myself more and more attracted to the idea of storing large amounts of video on the device as a travel companion - alluding to movies, etc.

Anyway, I'd be interested in your thoughts several months later!

Thank you for your post.
JIMBO

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
@Jimbo - first off, thank you for posting, I see that was your first post in our forums... welcome!

Second (and back on topic!), 128GB 'should' be enough for most, but if you take a ton of photos and videos, or have a problem (a good one) with downloading too many games and apps, 256 would be the way to go. Plus, with files, apps, games, etc only getting bigger and bigger, 256 ensures you're future proofed, if only just a bit.

My two cents.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I've got the 128 GB. I've had it for about a year and I haven't even used half of the storage. But I also don't download movies to my iPad and my iPhone is where all my music goes. So my usage is limited to apps, web browsing and emails. So 128 GB works perfectly for me. If movies is something you'll be using quite a bit as well as music then definitely go as high as you can afford.

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I've found that 128GB is the perfect storage size for me. I can have tons of music on it and still have lots of room for pictures, I love pictures.

I also get the cellular version on every iPad I've owned so I couldn't see paying over $1,000 for an iPad.

Movies take up a lot of space, especially with the HD copies. 3-4.5GB average for movies in the iTunes store. I don't really keep any movies on mine so that's never been a concern.

Have you decided yet on what capacity to get yet @Jimbo and WiFi or Cellular?

italodance

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site
256 is still very low for me :straight-face::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::huh::huh::huh::(:(:( Why apple doesn't make a 1TB one like surface pro?

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
New iPads might be coming in March. Don't know if the storage will be upped or not. Seems most people are talking about the screen and the hardware.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Unlike the phone, where I would like to see the bezel disappear, I find the bezel useful on the iPad because I spend long hours holding it (reading) and it's easier if fingers can rest of the bezel.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Looks like Apple finally gave me a reason to upgrade my original (yes, original, as in first ever, 16GB model) iPad.

I'm trying to figure out which storage option makes the most sense. We have a very functional but old (going on 5 years) Macbook Pro that is fine for regular computing needs. I see this new iPad as a way to keep using the Macbook a little longer, and have something that is equivalent in computing power/word processing/web browsing/etc.

I hope to keep the next iPad for another 6 years, so does doubling the memory to 256 future-proof it more, or with all of the cloud-based storage options today do I even need to worry about that?

I shared a story on another thread about my experience with that iPad at school (Original one). It was a very awesome day haha :D

Regarding storage, that's a tough one. I think, if you plan on storing a lot of movies, series and games on the device. Then maybe the 256GB version would be better in the long run. I'm amazed at how quickly my Macbook Pro's 500 GB storage size gets eaten up. Mostly because of HD movies and games.

Cloud storage i think will become more popular as the years go by and peoples internet connections become faster and faster. The need for local storage will get less :)

mikechaudron

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Looks like Apple finally gave me a reason to upgrade my original (yes, original, as in first ever, 16GB model) iPad.

I'm trying to figure out which storage option makes the most sense.

We have a very functional but old (going on 5 years) Macbook Pro that is fine for regular computing needs. I see this new iPad as a way to keep using the Macbook a little longer, and have something that is equivalent in computing power/word processing/web browsing/etc.

I hope to keep the next iPad for another 6 years, so does doubling the memory to 256 future-proof it more, or with all of the cloud-based storage options today do I even need to worry about that?

My flight instructor used to say the two things that do you not good is the altitude above your and the runway behind you. Get all you can get.

That being sad I have the 128GB and I'm no where near maxing it out.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
As I'm sure others have already said, if you can afford the 256 model, then get it.

With that being said, I have the 128 gig model. I have a dozen or so movies on it and a few hundred songs and I'm currently using 56 gigs with about 65 available.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73