Is selling an iPad Air 2 and a 2013 MBP for an iPad Pro a good move?

Abdurrahman Khan

Feb 16, 2016
Visit site
I have an iPad Air 2 and a late 2013 15" rMBP. I'm thinking about selling them both and buying an iPad pro. I've had the iPad Air 2 since Nov 2015 and really don't touch the MacBook Pro anymore. I've seen the iPad pro but not up close or hands on. Do you think this is a good move? Or is the iPad pro too much or too big? All I use the air 2 for is some gaming and netflix. Appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Buying iPad pro

That depends on "you" and "your needs". Personally, I'd keep the MBP because I still prefer doing some things on a traditional computer, but that's Just Me, D....Anyway, if you feel the move you're considering is what's best for you then go for it.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I was in a similar situation as you. I decided to keep my MacBook Pro. The iPad pro is a fantastic device and actually does about 99% of what I need my MacBook Pro to do. However at the end of the day my MacBook Pro is a full fledged computer that allows me to do a bit more I.e.; Logic Pro (Garage Band on iOS is nowhere near as powerful) .. I also like having the option of using a big external monitor which just functions better with a OSX Device in my opinion. If you are interested in the iPad pro I am sure you won't regret it, while large it is a fantastic device.

dstrauss

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
No. Even though you rarely use your MacBook Pro any longer, no tablet can really replace that laptop when it is really needed. YMMV.

Zach Gilbert

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
Truly all depends on what you do with your computer. While the ipad pro is amazing, it cant reproduce what a mac can do. You say you don't touch it much, but what do you do when you do use the computer? Can an ipad do it? need more info to help :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73