Does anyone have any regrets about buying the iPad Pro?

iJuan

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Hello readers! Just yesterday I picked up 2 LTE iPad Pro. One for myself and one for my significant other.
He is really enjoying his iPad, however, I'm having some doubts and possibly even buyers remorse.
Does anyone else feel this way? The device is great, maybe it's because I don't have the Pencil and Keyboard yet.
How do you use your iPad Pro? I am just a regular guy, average joe. How can I take advantage of this amazing device?

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: Dilemma

Hey there! My iPad Pro felt big and heavy to me at first and I didn't like that I couldn't easily use with one hand but it has grown on me. I think it really depends on your use cases. I use mine at work to take notes and at home for reading and watching videos while in on my treadmill. Love that the screen is bigger for my treadmill runs. It is heavy to read with but I usually prop it up on my leg so it's not so bad. At work, it works well with the smart keyboard and I love that I don't have to switch cases when I'm home bc the keyboard is light enough to fold back.

iJuan

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Thank you for responding! It's really good to hear how others use the device. I still have my iPad Air 2, don't really know what to do with it now

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site

Hi. As much as I love the attributes of my iPP I do wonder if I would ALSO like to have something smaller and easier to wield. An Air 2? A Mini4? I'm trying not to be foolish by returning the iPad Pro but I can appreciate the attraction of a smaller device.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

I use my iPad Pro as a media consumption device but I also use it as a light productivity device for college and also a gaming device for trips. The bigger display and better speakers make it awesome for media and also for multitasking.

Frankly, even though Tim Cook says otherwise, don't think of the Pro as a proper laptop replacement. Its full capabilities aren't fully realized yet, so for now, just treat it like a really large media-consumption tablet that also does light productivity and creativity really well.

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site

How can I take advantage of this amazing device?

Interesting question - I buy things knowing ahead of time what role they'll fulfill.

If you scan through the posts, you'll find many thoughts on how (all walks of life) use the iPad Pro. You see some say too big, others say it's perfect, others say you'll get used to it. It goes on & on.

For me, there was no doubt (upgrading from the Air 2) that this is the perfect device (replaces many laptop functions, prefect for movies & music, etc).

How does your S/O use it?

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Dilemma

Sometimes a piece of technology looks so attractive to me that I want it even before I know how I'll best use it. I didn't know when I got my iPad Pro that it was going to be able to fulfill the role of media consumption device AND laptop for me. I just wanted it because of its attributes. Now that I have it and the Smart Keyboard I know I'll not be needing a MacBook. I'm going to give my teenage daughter the choice. IPad Pro+Smart Keyboard, MacBook Air, or MacBook. I'll explain the pros and cons to each one and it'll be interesting to see what she chooses.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

Sometimes a piece of technology looks so attractive to me that I want it even before I know how I'll best use it. I didn't know when I got my iPad Pro that it was going to be able to fulfill the role of media consumption device AND laptop for me. I just wanted it because of its attributes. Now that I have it and the Smart Keyboard I know I'll not be needing a MacBook. I'm going to give my teenage daughter the choice. IPad Pro+Smart Keyboard, MacBook Air, or MacBook. I'll explain the pros and cons to each one and it'll be interesting to see what she chooses.

I'm getting a keyboard for my Pro as well, but not the Logitech CREATE or Apple Smart Keyboard. Just too expensive for me.

I've already blown a hole in the kitty on the tablet itself.

cjp39

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site

Download every issue of Heavy Metal magazine. Get a good comic reader and sit back and enjoy!

Heavy-Metal-Magazine-Covers-from-The-1980s-21.jpg

...at least, that's my plan. A productivity device. :cool:

HawkXCi

Jan 16, 2016
Visit site

I'm feeling the same, in a sense - I have the 12" MacBook (and love it), but i really like the concept of the iPad Pro. from the awesome seen, to the pencil, reading comics, games etc.
Though, I'm unsure on whether it is a novelty factor or whether it may even replace my MacBook altogether... or even accompany it.
Guess i'll just have to take the plunge to find out.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Dilemma

I'm feeling the same, in a sense - I have the 12" MacBook (and love it), but i really like the concept of the iPad Pro. from the awesome seen, to the pencil, reading comics, games etc.
Though, I'm unsure on whether it is a novelty factor or whether it may even replace my MacBook altogether... or even accompany it.

How fast does the MacBook feel? I considered getting one as opposed to my 128GB iPad Pro. I can tell you the iPad Pro is one of the, if not the, fastest tablets made. It truly is nasty-fast and buttery smooth or smoother. I picked up a 128GB cellular iPad Mini 3 yesterday for a good price (for when I want smaller than the iPad Pro but bigger than my 6S+). The performance difference is almost shocking to be honest. The iPad Pro can really be a productivity machine (especially with the Smart Keyboard) if they have the apps you need (which is likely for general stuff).

So, I've wondered how the MacBook would be performance-wise. Is it as fast as the iPad Pro when pushing desktop apps or do I need to step up to the MacBook Pro Retina?

HawkXCi

Jan 16, 2016
Visit site

How fast does the MacBook feel? I considered getting one as opposed to my 128GB iPad Pro. I can tell you the iPad Pro is one of the, if not the, fastest tablets made. It truly is nasty-fast and buttery smooth or smoother. I picked up a 128GB cellular iPad Mini 3 yesterday for a good price (for when I want smaller than the iPad Pro but bigger than my 6S+). The performance difference is almost shocking to be honest. The iPad Pro can really be a productivity machine (especially with the Smart Keyboard) if they have the apps you need (which is likely for general stuff).

So, I've wondered how the MacBook would be performance-wise. Is it as fast as the iPad Pro when pushing desktop apps or do I need to step up to the MacBook Pro Retina?

Hmm, sounds great! Yeah, iOS devices rocking 1gb pail in comparison these days. I'm really interested in the iPad pro... but I feel it's for the reasons that may wear off . Not sure.

Mate, the new MacBook runs a beaut! Honestly, forget the pen and paper specs - people are too hung up on which numbers and higher than others. The 12 inch MacBook is my favourite device  has ever made!
That being said, what are you intentions for it? I personally haven't tried anything 'too' demanding. But running 7 safari tabs, iTunes, slack, Twitter, email, iMessage, YouTube/twitch and Pages all simultaneously and I never experienced any for of slow down/lag.
 are just wizards at managing their OS.

schmoejoe

Dec 5, 2015
Visit site
To answer your question, no. I have absolutely zero regret about buying my iPP. It is without a doubt the best tool for the job.

I liken it to the difference between the iPhone 5s and the iPhone 6. I got the 6 when it came out and thought to myself "this isn't too much different than the 5s". Then I went and swapped it for the 6 plus and thought "now this is different!".

As some have said before, you will get used to the size. It becomes second nature and you will start loving it more and more everyday. At least I did anyways. :)

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Hmm, sounds great! Yeah, iOS devices rocking 1gb pail in comparison these days. I'm really interested in the iPad pro... but I feel it's for the reasons that may wear off . Not sure.

Mate, the new MacBook runs a beaut! Honestly, forget the pen and paper specs - people are too hung up on which numbers and higher than others. The 12 inch MacBook is my favourite device  has ever made!
That being said, what are you intentions for it? I personally haven't tried anything 'too' demanding. But running 7 safari tabs, iTunes, slack, Twitter, email, iMessage, YouTube/twitch and Pages all simultaneously and I never experienced any for of slow down/lag.
 are just wizards at managing their OS.

Great! I think I'm going to get my wife the 12 inch MacBook this week. She has a 2010 MacBook Air that is still humming along but she's due for an upgrade.

Yeah, when you have complete control over the OS and the hardware you can really make a symbiotic solution.  proves this time and time again.

HawkXCi

Jan 16, 2016
Visit site
Great! I think I'm going to get my wife the 12 inch MacBook this week. She has a 2010 MacBook Air that is still humming along but she's due for an upgrade.

Yeah, when you have complete control over the OS and the hardware you can really make a symbiotic solution.  proves this time and time again.

She'll love it!
I'm sure it'll grab your attention too, haha

iJuan

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Interesting question - I buy things knowing ahead of time what role they'll fulfill.

If you scan through the posts, you'll find many thoughts on how (all walks of life) use the iPad Pro. You see some say too big, others say it's perfect, others say you'll get used to it. It goes on & on.

For me, there was no doubt (upgrading from the Air 2) that this is the perfect device (replaces many laptop functions, prefect for movies & music, etc).

How does your S/O use it?

He mostly uses his iPad Pro as a media consumption device and he absolutely LOVES the iPad Pro, he doesn't even use his iPad Air 2 anymore. When the iPad Pro originally launched, he was a bit hesitant but that all changed when I came home with them and he actually started using it.
I think he will really benefit from it. Once we get the Smart Keyboard I'm sure this will be his go-to device. He rarely uses his MacBook anymore.

iJuan

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Honestly man, I am really enjoying the iPad Pro. Just wish I could get my hands on the keyboard and pencil. And I'm not entirely convinced its ready to replace my 13" MacBook Pro. I think I still like the idea of having something than runs OS X. It will be interesting to me, to see how  will transition or market the iPad Pro going forward with iOS 10.

iJuan

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
To answer your question, no. I have absolutely zero regret about buying my iPP. It is without a doubt the best tool for the job.

I liken it to the difference between the iPhone 5s and the iPhone 6. I got the 6 when it came out and thought to myself "this isn't too much different than the 5s". Then I went and swapped it for the 6 plus and thought "now this is different!".

As some have said before, you will get used to the size. It becomes second nature and you will start loving it more and more everyday. At least I did anyways. :)

I agree! The iPad Pro is a great device! My iPad Air 2 just looks so tiny now lol

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I was on the fence since launch I was looking for a replacement for my LTE iPad Air just picked up one two days ago and couldn't be happier! Using the UAG case with the pencil and glass screen cover seems to work well.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen