For those who have used it, how is the Pencil on the iPad Pro?

I

iMore Question

Was considering getting the Apple Pencil for my iPad Pro, how does everyone like it? What are your dislikes about it?

Jsince80

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
I had my pencil for a week and just tried it last night. It's a cool item and I'm sure as time goes along they will utilize it a lot more. Sketching has been fun though

Nursedad

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
For my purposes, the pencil is perfect. I'm not an artist, so my application is in note taking and annotation. I use it daily at work and in school and it is flawless for these types of activities.

Like others, my only gripes are with the cap and the lack of a good storage option. Otherwise...it's a great experience.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
With the latest update to Microsoft Office the pencil is a fantastic tool! I love being able annotate documents without converting to PDF, it's fantastic and works amazingly!

Mickeylittle

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
I love it as well and I have to charge mine daily but I find that 20-25 minutes plugged into my iPad Pro will take it from 5% to 100% so charging daily for me is a piece of cake.

I don't draw but use One Note all day and very seldom do I open apps or scroll in Safari using my finger. I use the Pencil pretty much like a mouse!

Powerplaygraphix

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
I my iPad Pro and my Pencil from a local Apple reseller when he got them in a couple of weeks ago. I have to say, I'm quite impressed with the Pencil. I've been using Wacom products for 20 years so I'm VERY familiar with all levels of styluses and it is, by far, the most sensitive and best responding I've ever used. The only thing that hinders it is how the app reacts to it or not. Procreate is the one I use the most but several others are pretty good too. I really wish it had been an OS X device instead though. Having access to things like FULL Photoshop or Manga Studio would really bring it to it's full potential!

Qdiddy09

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
It works great for me, no learning curve at all it just works, feels natural and copies my horrible hand writing perfectly

JT2050

Feb 11, 2016
Visit site
I find it very fluid which is good but there is a learning curve like anything else. Of course the more you use it the better you'll get with it. For me, I don't think it will replace drawing with old school pencils, chalk etc. but there are things you can do like watching back your "drawing movie" that a no. 2 pencil and a newsprint pad can only dream of. It's very 21st century in a good way.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Was considering getting the Apple Pencil for my iPad Pro, how does everyone like it? What are your dislikes about it?

I saw the pencil demonstrated on The Tech Guy show. Looks like when writing with the pencil there is not any time differences. Looked like writing with a pencil on a piece of paper.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
It's the best digital pen I've ever use, and I spent over a decade using Wacom tablets. The latency is minimal, the feeling is really balanced, and it does a great job simulating a pencil.

ianeb

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
I picked mine up today and I've been using it all day, it really is amazing! So accurate and the effects it can produce using various drawing apps are spectacular, really haven't used anything like it. Drawing on the screen is actually quite comfortable and effortless. It's a must buy for iPad Pro owners

Mickeylittle

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
I would not need one because my writing is not all that great in the first place. But I do have a stylist that I use all the time.

I use my all day everyday to the point that I have to charge it daily. I don't draw with it and I don't take a ton of hand written notes but I use it to jot quick info in one note all day while at work. Most of this info is temporary that I write and an hour later it gets typed into a permanent note, email, or just erased. I also use the pencil as my mouse. I scroll the web and documents and even between home screens. Sometimes I can use the iPad Pro for an hour or so without ever touching the screen with my fingers. Especially since I have the keyboard to navigate back to home without pushing the home button.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro