Share your iPad Pro Art!

rj5570

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Funny... looks an AWFUL LOT like a still from the movie used on about a million Star Wars:The Force Awakens articles when you Google Search it. ALL the other images have a Disney Watermark on them.

So, it's fake eh?

Still would love to find some instructional videos on how to

Powerplaygraphix

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, I'm sure that one was fake. The only people that can teach that one are the folks at Industrial Light & Magic. As for tutorials, there are some pretty good ones out there. Will Terry over at Svslearn.com has started putting some pretty good tutorials out there.

rj5570

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Here is my first attempt of an x-wing fighter. In paper 53

ianeb - I'm with you. Coloring, shading and layers are hard for me tooimage.jpg

Powerplaygraphix

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
Sorry, thought I said. I'm pretty much working exclusively in ProCreate. It is, by far, the most full-featured illustration app on the iPad Pro that is optimized for everything. I'm using it a lot like I use Photoshop with layer modes (multiply, overlay, etc..). I do a sketch, then I'll do a solid color layer , like all the green. Then I'll duplicate it, alpha lock the duplicate layer so it protects the edges, then fill it with white and make it a multiply layer. Then I use that as my shading/modeling layer. I'll paint the shadows and shading in on that layer. When it "multiplies" the white disappears and the dark is all that shows up.

For all the textures, I used things like the "cloud" brush to make the "weathering" on the leather and some of the different water splatter brushes to make the skin textures and such.

JulianWill

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
These are all excellent! I am really excited by the possibilities of getting back into art with this. For those who have been causal artists in the past, have you found the iPad Pro to help re-kindle your artistic sense or is it just a passing fad and then you move on?

Powerplaygraphix

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
James Falconer,
If you NEVER pick up the Pencil to draw then it will NEVER get better :cool:

Honestly though, if you have any interest in art, I would recommend picking one up because Apple has done a very good job with both. There's a ton of good art apps out there. I default to ProCreate because it's the best implementation of the Pencil API and takes FULL advantage of it. Some of the others are a still a little quirky.