Apple completely botched this launch

Rydsmith

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
As an iPad Pro, Apple did a very poor job making it a pro device.

This isn't about the software or the apps, no this is actually about the accessories. As we know, it might be easier to find a unicorn than to find the smart keyboard and pencil for the iPad Pro. Without those two accessories, the iPad Pro is just an iPad XL.

Now that's not to say that the iPad is a bad device; it is not and I really enjoy mine but without the two accessories that separate the work and play sides of the iPad m, it might not be worth it for many people.

And yes I know that there are alternative, like the bulky Logitech Create and other pens and pencils for the iPad but it is not the same we as having the officially accessories, the accessories that Apple has touted as being the reason this is a pro device.

I hope they get their act together soon on this because for now when people ask me if I recommend it, I say no, as it's just an iPad XL until the accessories are widely available.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Who knows what happened? They could have had an issue with the rest of the accessories then hold up the Pro while it loses interest and available time (before its time to debut the next one!)

Shot in the dark, but I'm not sure it's the big deal... Lots of people happy with it regardless of whether the accessories were widely available at launch. YMMV obviously!

Enjoy :)

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
ya i would actually agree .. not having them for xmas is def a mistake..
its easier to get a iphone on launch than to get a pencil lol

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
As an iPad Pro, Apple did a very poor job making it a pro device.

This isn't about the software or the apps, no this is actually about the accessories. As we know, it might be easier to find a unicorn than to find the smart keyboard and pencil for the iPad Pro. Without those two accessories, the iPad Pro is just an iPad XL.

Now that's not to say that the iPad is a bad device; it is not and I really enjoy mine but without the two accessories that separate the work and play sides of the iPad m, it might not be worth it for many people.

And yes I know that there are alternative, like the bulky Logitech Create and other pens and pencils for the iPad but it is not the same we as having the officially accessories, the accessories that Apple has touted as being the reason this is a pro device.

I hope they get their act together soon on this because for now when people ask me if I recommend it, I say no, as it's just an iPad XL until the accessories are widely available.

I think you're in the extreme minority....

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
I wouldn't say they botched the launch. From a consumer perspective its a bit disappointing not being able to locate a pencil or the keyboard case, but I don't think that takes away from the device being a "Pro" device. I love this thing for online meetings. I can view a screen share and have plenty of screen to actually see it.

From a business perspective, Apple is genius. Launching a couple high demand, relatively low cost accessories so close to Christmas. Im sure that is a large part why they aren't readily available, the sheer number of orders that were placed and are probably still being placed.

reygza

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
While I do have both the Pencil and Smart Keyboard, I don't think the Apple accessories make or break the iPad Pro as a "pro" tablet. What makes it pro is the size of the screen, the powerful A9X, and the software's ability to handle multitasking with split screen.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2