What Case, Cover or Keyboard are you using? Mind to share your experience to our fellow Owner>

Blackcash

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Re: What Case, Cover or Keyboard are you using? Mind to share your experience to our fellow Owner>

Great, now you're making me want an Apple keyboard. I guess if I order it today it'll be here by Summer.

Keep checking your local Apple store. They're starting to get shipments. I picked mine up Wednesday.
Now if I can just find that elusive Apple Pencil.

ceburyda

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Re: What Case, Cover or Keyboard are you using? Mind to share your experience to our fellow Owner>

I purchased the Logitech Create with my IPP. I really like the functionality and quality. I found myself using the IPP like my 15" MBP which seemed redundant to me. I have a few other iPads that use the smart covers and I tend to use them more because of the thinner size. Today I bought Apples smart cover and back case combination. I can tell already I'll be using this more than my other iPads because of the ease of use and not being as bulky anymore with the Create keyboard case combo.

Since I now have experienced the IPP with a keyboard case I'm going to keep it for the times I need to do more typing than usual on the IPP.

Now... where the heck do you get the IPP Pencil! I check Apple and Bestbuy store sites constantly. I went into Walmart and Bestbuy this morning to see if by chance they had any in stock. No luck. Any leads where to find an Apple Pencil let me know!

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site

I have not received my iPad yet but its home will be this.
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1457813599.912879.jpg

Andy847

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site

I'm using an amazon Back cover(way cheaper than Apple's) and the Apple Smart cover mostly at home. For when I travel with it, I just bought the Fintie Folio Case. I use this for viewing and skyping also. I like this case it's not that expensive and magnet holds the flap closed even when inverted, which when I had the ProCase Folio from Amazon, the flap would fall open.

I just had a Zagg Invisi-shield Glass Screen protector put on and I'm set for awhile. I did want to get the Zoogue Genius Exec case for the multiple views, but I heard from the company they are coming out with the Case Prodigy magnetic slimmer version at the end of March, beginning of April. It doesn't have as many viewing angles, but slimmer and I think I like it better.

I would like to hear how the Zagg Slim Book Cover feels when you're carrying it. A lot of reviews say it's heavier than they'd like. Just like carrying a Macbook. If I ever need a keyboard, that will be the one I get though. A Sales guy at Best Buy showed me it and I was impressed. Right now it's more a want than need. lol I Wish someone would come out with a case that would have multi angle viewing, holder for Apple Pencil, and able to view in Landscape and Portrait. Everytime I try to find a case, they fall short by one of those. Except the Otterbox Defender, but I have a rubber grip on my Apple Pencil, so that will not fit in the holder on the Defender.

Powerplaygraphix

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site

I just got this Logitech 380 bluetooth keyboard this weekend at Office Depot (matched the Amazon Prime price) for $29.99 and it's GREAT for the Pro. I don't like keyboard covers because I like to use my keyboard detached.

I also have the Tucano iPad Pro Case. It's a decent cover but it doesn't prob up that well. I'm probably going to order the Zoogue one. That looks like the best adjustable case I've seen so far.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site

I have the apple smart keyboard, I really enjoy the typing experience on it. I have been eye balling the new keyboard case released by Zagg, however I feel like it would add way too much weight to this incredible device.

kjung7

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site

I have the apple smart keyboard, I really enjoy the typing experience on it. I have been eye balling the new keyboard case released by Zagg, however I feel like it would add way too much weight to this incredible device.

I read somewhere the combined weight puts it above 4lbs

rudedog68

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site

I've been using Khomo cases for my iPads. I've had the Apple cases before and these are just as nice and a lot more reasonably priced. Highly recommend if you don't need an attached keyboard.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site

I just picked up the Zagg Slimbook, giving it a try. I really like the Apple Smart Keyboard but think I might enjoy this thing a little more. Only downside so far is the fact that the device makes my iPad Pro equally as heavy as my 15 inch MacBook Pro.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site

24 hour update, the Zagg Slimbook will be returned to Best Buy, the Apple Smart case is just that much better IMO. I missed the keys on it and how thin and light it was on my iPad Pro. Best keyboard option out there is Apples Solution for me so far. Sure I can't adjust the angle of the display however the stock angle has worked well for me so far.

ex2bot

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site

I just got the Roocase Origami Case (turquoise) for my iPad Pro, and I really like it so far. It's thin but with reinforced corners to protect the IPP's corners and screen. Less than $20 on Amazon.com.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site

Question: How does closing the cover on certain iPad cases shut the iPad off and iPad wakes again when cover is reopened. I love this feature.

Andy847

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site

Question: How does closing the cover on certain iPad cases shut the iPad off and iPad wakes again when cover is reopened. I love this feature.

I'm pretty sure it's a magnet inside the cover that makes it sleep/wake. That's how it was on my Android Tablet Cases.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

That case is beautiful

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site

I'm pretty sure it's a magnet inside the cover that makes it sleep/wake. That's how it was on my Android Tablet Cases.

I did notice that before I had the iPad when closing the cover that would be like magnetic.

Powerplaygraphix

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site

I got the ZooGue case and started using it this weekend. It's darn close to perfect. Nice case that supports the iPad Pro like a boss! Any angle you want and it's sturdy and stable as a rock. I was able to draw on it and it was just as firm as if it were on the surface of the desk it's self and was able to adjust it to any angle without a problem. GREAT case especially if you're using it for artistic purposes!

Powerplaygraphix

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site

The biggest weakness I found in the ZooGue was the pencil loop. It's great that it's there but It's so flimsy I could see it stretching or getting caught on something. I decided to do my own fix on it. There was so much room on that upper flap that I made a pouch and put it on it so that the pencil is completely enclosed and protected. It would be nearly impossible to fall out.View attachment 104454

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site

I ended up switching back to the Apple Smart Cover and just love it!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

That is why I'm opting to just get Apple's mart keyboard for my iPad Pro. While at the Apple Store yesterday evening, I played around with one and found it to be easy to use, comfortable and accurate. They didn't have any more in stock for the 9.7" iPad Pro. I went to a nearby Best Buy on my way home and they only had the Smart Keyboard for the 12.9" version. I'll check again with both places this weekend.

Marc Jentzsch

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site

I got talked into the Logitech Create and it's a great keyboard and I love the durability for transport that it provides. However it makes it extremely unwieldy as a tablet which makes it unsuited for at least part of what I want it for. I have spent part of my lunch hour the last few days playing with the Smart Keyboard at the Apple Store and surprisingly, I am more accurate on it than on the Logitech Create.

Tonight I am returning the Logitech and getting the Smart. Gotta decide whether I am getting the silicone back now...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro