How does one comfortably use an iPad Pro without the keyboard?

I

iMore Question

I have never had an iPad before and my husband has purchased me an iPad Pro. How can I use it comfortably without a keyboard. Is there a keyboard I could purchase for it?

bones467

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Hello! I do not own a iPad Pro myself but like all iPads its able to work with just the touch keyboard on the screen, it takes some getting use too if you have never used a touch screen keyboard before but its all down to what you prefer! Apple do a range of keyboards on there website and I'm sure more cheaper options are available,

Keyboards - iPad Accessories - Apple (UK)

Best advice is to play around with the iPad and find what works best for you! Hope you enjoy your new iPad, we are all here to help if you have any other questions

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
True, now with iPad pros on screen keyboard numbers and letters appear on the same layout. No need to switch between numbers and letters anymore.

groberts1980

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Some people can comfortably type on the software keyboard, but I personally need a hardware one. I would check into the Logitech Create keyboard because it also protects the iPad casing. Apple also makes an iPad Pro keyboard. In my opinion both are better than typing on the screen itself.

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
The onscreen keyboard is very good, in my case for most common tasks (creating/replying to email, texts, etc). If you're writing extensively then go with a keyboard/cover option or bluetooth keyboard.

Commodus

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
You'd want to use it in your lap, that's for sure. The iPad Pro really is closer to a laptop that you can use as a tablet than anything.

I'd personally lean toward getting Apple's Smart Keyboard, but the Logitech Create is good if you don't intend to use the iPad in pure tablet mode very often.

kjung7

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
I find the keyboard really useful for using it in bed since the keyboard acts as a stand to stabilize the iPad and then I can adjust the angle of the iPad by supporting it with a blanket or pillow behind the iPad. Works really well and is way more comfortable then having to hold with one hand and use the other to navigate around.